1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
42,877 Posts
They're likely reselling unused license keys purchased from MicroSoft in bulk for corporate purposes. Here's the risk: say a company bought a license for 100 users and only 65 people used it. They now sell to 40 additional users. The first 35 get in, the last five don't.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Has anyone used "license key 24"? They have the Office 2016 Suite (Home and Business) for $109! 78% off. They say it's legit. I'm looking for the suite and this would be a great price. Thoughts? The URL: https://licensekey24.com/office-2016-home-and-business-for-mac/
Very suspicious looking website. Since product keys are not for sale legitimately by trusted sources I would not be buying from here.

E-bay has had product keys for sale then taken down. Seller feedback has been positive initially then buyers saying keys have stopped working.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very suspicious looking website. Since product keys are not for sale legitimately by trusted sources I would not be buying from here.

E-bay has had product keys for sale then taken down. Seller feedback has been positive initially then buyers saying keys have stopped working.
Thanks!

Reactions: smashedbanana

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're likely reselling unused license keys purchased from MicroSoft in bulk for corporate purposes. Here's the risk: say a company bought a license for 100 users and only 65 people used it. They now sell to 40 additional users. The first 35 get in, the last five don't.
Ah... I wondered how that might work. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hi All,

I'm running 11.4 Big Sur. I downloaded from the App Store The office suit. But expiry has ended and now the only way to activate this is by Subscription (which I refuse).

Is there a way to purchase a single user license? I've been looking but I keep coming up short.

Any suggestions would be welcome
You are working against the grain by not subscribing. I don't work for Microsoft and am no fan of perpetual payments. But it is where the industry is now. Pretty much all software is by subscription. Even if you find a key or solution it will not be permanent, you are only putting off what you need to do :(

I am not trying to sell you on this but do consider the benefits subscription has over one-time purchase cost.

Updates to the latest version (paid 1 time will have minor updates but no new versions... i.e. Officer 2016 would update to 2016.1 . 2. etc. but not to 2019 or 2021)
Cross platform (mac, windows, web version - to work on computers without office)
Onedrive storage
No physical media and license to use - just an email address and password
Support!
Multiple installs included
Easier to deactivate and manage the license
No front end, high 1 time cost. Lower monthly costs that you can cancel...
etc...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Or could be even worse they could just be counting on activations.

When you buy 5 or more license you get approx 10x activations (for re-installs, hardware changes,etc.)
If the owner of the license goes to activate and can't the will contact Microsoft and they key will be deactivated and re-issued.

Either way - avoid!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts