Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Can't tell you much about the Lexmark, but we use nothing but Tektronix in our shop.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I've never had anything but trouble with Lexmark printers on both OS X and Win ME. Their support was, in my view, seriously lacking especially for Macs. I've pretty much steered clear of their products as a result, but I'd be interested to hear your impressions about their newest line of colour lasers.

Speaking of colour lasers in general, about two months ago I posted some thoughts about the HP 1500L model that I had purchased and then returned a few days later. I was underwhelmed by the print quality, but what really did it in for me was its many persnickety quirks involving the paper feeder as well as its very annoying, very loud, and very nightly cleaning cycle (conveniently around 3:00AM and loud enough to be heard throughout my house). I exchanged it for another HP inkjet for 1/10th the price and 100% improvement in print quality.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE: my Lexmark C720 :
specs - colour laser printer
1200 dpi - 2400 image quality
64 mB Ram - Network edition
Included an extra set of Toners
STILL SEALED IN THE BOX - $1700.

Excellent print quality. This one huge mother of a printer. It weighs over 100 lbs.

[ February 25, 2004, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: mcfadden99 ]

·
Registered
350 Posts
We have two Lexmark C750 colour laser printer in my service. They saw extensive use (about 10 000 pages a month). I must say they're fast, but I don't find the print quality to be that great. Also, toner use is really high-not efficient I must say. I regret our old Xerox model (don't remember which one), but it was really too slow for our needs (we offer proofreading, translation, desktop publishing and reprography services in a big information services consulting firm).

Can't tell you about Mac support thought.

Regards

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well, I can only give you an estimate (I'm not the boss!) : we change about 2 toners each 2 weeks, and we don't do a lot of photo printing. Assuming each printer prints about 10 000 copy a month, a toner roughly last for 5000 pages. I mean, these toners cost more than $300 each!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts