Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Certainly puts Canada’s issues in perspective, and makes me wonder even more why some people refuse to get vaccinated here.

And it is very unfortunate that such people will no doubt and very likely end up in the hospital having their resources wasted on them but at least they shouldn't be a burden on anyone worrying about them not getting their injection as the virus will no doubt just eventually eliminate them from being a burden on anyone. It's too bad that they may end up wasting some of the hospital's resources and expenses.

Or maybe their estate should be held responsible and made to repay all of the Hospital expenses that they wasted, then some might smarten up a bit. But who needs even more idiots among us???

- Patrick
=======

·
Used to be Tilt
237 Posts
Sorry to hear about the situation in India. Certainly puts Canada’s issues in perspective, and makes me wonder even more why some people refuse to get vaccinated here.
Oh, we have them here too, the anti-vaxxers. And we have hardcore supporters of the ruling party on the centre. The party and their supporters believe that religious faith will prevent them from getting infected and die; and therefore they do not need to wear masks or practice any form of safety; and that drinking cow-piss and trusting naturopathy snake-oil will prevent and cure any disease. I am not kidding about the cow-piss.

Anyway, the world's shortage of the Astra-Zeneca is because of India. If my information is correct, India and Brazil are the only two countries that make the vaccine; and India has one factory that makes it; and that factory (company) is severely underfunded and does not have any money to pay salaries or continue to manufacture; and the government ignores all of that.

Hell, enough of depressing news - can someone suggest a more upbeat (or even less depressing) topic to talk about?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,404 Posts
Anyway, the world's shortage of the Astra-Zeneca is because of India. If my information is correct, India and Brazil are the only two countries that make the vaccine; and India has one factory that makes it; and that factory (company) is severely underfunded and does not have any money to pay salaries or continue to manufacture; and the government ignores all of that.

Hell, enough of depressing news - can someone suggest a more upbeat (or even less depressing) topic to talk about?

Cheers
That is scary itself. A company that is not paying salaries of people who make a vaccine. I would think the vaccines were almost a license to print money as it seems they will be wanting people to be injected yearly... forever.

·
Premium Member
5,538 Posts
Oh, we have them here too, the anti-vaxxers. And we have hardcore supporters of the ruling party on the centre. The party and their supporters believe that religious faith will prevent them from getting infected and die; and therefore they do not need to wear masks or practice any form of safety; and that drinking cow-piss and trusting naturopathy snake-oil will prevent and cure any disease. I am not kidding about the cow-piss.

Cheers
How about NHL hockey with no one in the stands! Yeehaw!

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
I am not kidding about the cow-piss.

Well, I guess it's sacred cow piss which should make it better????

I didn't realize the political leadership in India was quite that bad. That's too bad as they have so much to gain.

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
1 Posts
Indeed, I find English grammar kind of difficult. I was really struggling when I was in middle school. My mom used to make me take tutor lessons only so that I am not the last one in my class. For some reason, English grammar and literature was not my cup of tea. If anyone of you is struggling as well, I know a great website that helps with these issues. For example, it has great theme worksheets in order to help you practice. If you are motivated enough, this online platform will help you tremendously. I worked with it for six months, and after this period of time, I improved my grades considerably. Just sharing this here, because sharing is caring.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
Indeed, I find English grammar kind of difficult. I was really struggling when I was in middle school. My mom used to make me take tutor lessons only so that I am not the last one in my class. For some reason, English grammar and literature was not my cup of tea. If anyone of you is struggling as well, I know a great website that helps with these issues. For example, it has great theme worksheets in order to help you practice. If you are motivated enough, this online platform will help you tremendously. I worked with it for six months, and after this period of time, I improved my grades considerably. Just sharing this here, because sharing is caring.
What an inspiring story! I guess this situation is far more common than one would think, since the exact same thing, with the exact same grammar happened to another poster here a month ago.

[URL='https://www.ehmac.ca/goto/post?id=2737214']Roberterop[/URL] said:
SNIP If anyone of you is struggling as well, I know a great website that helps with these issues. SNIP

·
Premium Member
42,471 Posts
What's great is that those theme sheets have been around since both of them were but wee children.

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Just sharing this here, because sharing is caring.
It's hard to tell whether we should be welcoming you as a new member or reporting you as a spammer.

But hopefully, we can welcome you as a new member and acknowledge your post as an interesting situation.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
42,471 Posts
It's hard to tell whether we should be welcoming you as a new member or reporting you as a spammer.

But hopefully, we can welcome you as a new member and acknowledge your post as an interesting situation.

- Patrick
=======
If SecondChild delivers a second post, I will be surprised.

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
If SecondChild delivers a second post, I will be surprised.

I was also wondering the same thing, especially if it will be Mac-related, that might be double surprising. And what gives with the associated US flag in their avatar of a Canadian forum??? But we welcome good foreign input... 😉

- Patrick
=======

61 - 71 of 71 Posts