Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,471 Posts
No, no joke missed. I meant Ramsay MacDonald and typoed berth.

A sound thrashing is in order.
Choose your rattan!

I looked up Ramsay MacDonald. I don't think I would have like him!

Churchill quote:

“I remember when I was a child, being taken to the celebrated Barnum’s Circus, which contained an exhibition of freaks and monstrosities, but the exhibit on the programme which I most desired to see was the one described as “The Boneless Wonder”. My parents judged that the spectacle would be too demoralising and revolting for my youthful eye and I have waited fifty years, to see the The Boneless Wonder sitting on the Treasury Bench.“

·
Premium Member
42,471 Posts
Give that sofa a sound thrashing!

·
Premium Member
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
No! I know a lot of the terms used in different parts of North America, but I was honest in the terms I did use.

I think I'm the only person in my area who says he's carrying a sack of groceries though.
My mother used the word sack, I use bag. My location would best be said as a Great Laker.....

·
Premium Member
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
That reminds me of the story about Quebec Government regulations trying to limit ships docking during the summer in Quebec City. It was roundly defeated as they were against berth control.

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
No English gentleman's club would tolerate a proper beating, but it certainly would tolerate a proper thrashing.

Proper beatings are reserved for English gentlemen's sons by their top schools' headmasters for not breaking the ice in all the classroom inkwells each morning.
:lmao:

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
"Wouldn't you rather ride "in" the airplane?"
Some people do like the thrill of riding on an airplane.

http_a.amz.mshcdn.com_wp-content_uploads_2015_09_wingwalkers-5.jpg

http_a.amz.mshcdn.com_wp-content_uploads_2015_09_wingwalkers-2.jpg

ww1.jpeg

But personally, yes I would rather be on the inside, with drinks, snacks and movies to watch on tiny screens.

·
Premium Member
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Yes, our usage standard is funny. We ride on a train, on a plane,or on a bus, in a car. We never ride in a train or in a plane or in a bus or on a car.

·
Premium Member
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I don't like the attitude of my urologist. I find he can be quite testis at times.

·
Premium Member
42,471 Posts
I don't like the attitude of my urologist. I find he can be quite testis at times.
There was a constipated mathematician around here who said he had a real problem. But he worked it out with a pencil.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, our usage standard is funny. We ride on a train, on a plane,or on a bus, in a car. We never ride in a train or in a plane or in a bus or on a car.
Riding on a bus may date from Victorian London’s omnibuses. (People paid to ride up there?)

Flying on a plane came about when the horse pulling the omnibus morphed into Pegasus and flew to freedom — along with the passengers.

It’s a little-known fact that they all fell into the channel when Pegasus flew upside down. That’s why we know so little about it.

Nuclear-powered aircraft carriers still sail (as do submarines, which is very expensive because all that canvas rots inside of a week under water and it’s hellish trying not to fall off the ratlines while setting rotting topsails in bare feet half a mile down), we still type on computers and videos are still taped.

How can anyone be in bare feet, anyway?

·
Premium Member
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
In the "wonder what they meant by that" department....

The owner of a very small company got a letter from the labor board. They asked "How many employees do you have, broken down by sex". He answered "None that I know of. Alcohol is the big problem here"

·
Premium Member
42,471 Posts
Just reporting you because spamming is glamming.

Reactions: Rps

·
Used to be Tilt
237 Posts
SNIP If anyone of you is struggling as well, I know a great website that helps with these issues. SNIP
Yes this does look like spam, but I am very happy that this person correctly used "is" here instead of "are" - considering this is indeed a thread on English grammar :)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Yes this does look like spam, but I am very happy that this person correctly used "is" here instead of "are" - considering this is indeed a thread on English grammar :)

Cheers

Nice to see a post from you Tilt, it's too long between your posts.

How are things and I hope everything is well with you.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
5,538 Posts
I must concur with Patrick. It is indeed good to hear from you again, Tilt. Just like the old days, but with only a fraction of the population.

·
Used to be Tilt
237 Posts
Nice to see a post from you Tilt, it's too long between your posts.

How are things and I hope everything is well with you.

- Patrick
=======
I must concur with Patrick. It is indeed good to hear from you again, Tilt. Just like the old days, but with only a fraction of the population.
Thank you, Patrick and Freddie :) Flattery will get you everywhere, I promise you LOL

Yes, life is not too bad at all for me, all is well so far with the usual caveats applicable in these Covid times. I hope all of you are keeping yourselves safe.

I am keeping myself familiar with the vaccines fiasco in Canada. Well, India, which is supposed to be "The pharmacy to the world" is also majorly fucking up - there are massive shortages here too of the vaccines - people are unable to get their second doses and millions are unable to get the first dose either. India supplied millions and millions of doses to over 92 poor third-world countries for free and sold millions and millions of doses (were forced to sell) to the first-world countries. So, India never did look after the needs of its own people.

Hospital beds and ICUs are in massive short supply even crematoriums are unable to cope, with lines of vehicles carrying dead-bodies stretched out for kilometers outrside every crematorium. People are dying waiting for Oxygen, which also is in short supply, and politicians are blaming each other instead of actually doing something. Surprise!

There are hospitals where one bed is being shared by two patients. Such is the shortage.

The only way one can get medical attention or even find a bed or ICU is if one is connected to someone influential.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,538 Posts
Sorry to hear about the situation in India. Certainly puts Canada’s issues in perspective, and makes me wonder even more why some people refuse to get vaccinated here.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts