Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Unreasonably Happy Man
1,114 Posts
I am personally very tired of reading the angry and arrogant musings of so many bloggers and forum posters throughout the web, who have become too used to their safe and anonymous seats in front of their computer screens.

It is evident that you have spent many hours in front of your Mac, as you say. I'm sure you have plenty of knowledge and expertise with a and that you feel very empowered by that. Perhaps though,you have lost sight of the fact that not everyone lives the life that you do. We are not all MAC GURUS and some people just need their computers to work, without spending countless hours trouble shooting them. If someone in this forum posts a complaint (even a rant) because they are frustrated and looking for help, it seems to me your choice is clear - be helpful, or move on.
For my part, I am frustrated by blatant fanboyism masquerading as meaningful analysis. Apple isn't perfect and neither is Leopard, and that's ok. It's still great, cutting edge technology. I think it really sucks when any time that someone writes anything that looks like a criticism of an Apple product, we immediately have to listen to a bunch of defense of Apple's inherent fabulousness. As I've said before-this is a huge and highly profitable company-they make stuff-we buy it because we like it. It is a business relationship, not a family, not a community, and certainly not a religion. Note that I am referring to our relationship with Apple, not with other users.

I feel better now.

· Unreasonably Happy Man
1,114 Posts
I messed up my last post. The first two paragraphs are a quote from the previous poster, but didn't show up that way. Guess I better figure out how to use this board, huh?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.