Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read today reports that CS3 may not work immediately on Leopard.

I was sort of holding out buying a 24" iMac until Leopard was released, but never for a second imagined that the program my extra-curricular livelihood relies upon - CS3 - might not work on it.

Should I still hold out until its bundled with a new iMac, and should CS3 not work on it, would I be able to install my off the shelf copy of Tiger onto the new iMac?

·
Mac Guru
14,623 Posts
I read today reports that CS3 may not work immediately on Leopard.

I was sort of holding out buying a 24" iMac until Leopard was released, but never for a second imagined that the program my extra-curricular livelihood relies upon - CS3 - might not work on it.

Should I still hold out until its bundled with a new iMac, and should CS3 not work on it, would I be able to install my off the shelf copy of Tiger onto the new iMac?
Buy now if that is the case. A retail 'Tiger' Mac OS X disc off the shelf will not install on any Intel-based Mac of any kind.

Or, buy a new iMac later with Leopard pre-installed and wait for a patch by Adobe to fix the compatibility issues.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Buy from the Apple retail store the minute Leopard is released. Tiger will be installed and you should get a separate Leopard DVD or at worst pay $20 to get one.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Adobe is just causing a fuss because Apple is creating so many compeating applications. They have the same amount of testing time with Leopard as everyone else, they just don't think it's enough.

G

·
No developer in their right mind does a ton of the final work for making sure their application is ready for the new OS until it ships. Apple is famous for changing things last minute or adding in those other last minute things that cause grief.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.