Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking I might invest in an LCD display shortly. It has to be 19" plus and there's no WAAAAY I can afford the GORGEOUS Apple Cinema range...

I've seen a lot of press recently concerning Formac's 19" displays and a few others - ALSO there are a LOT of very nice looking models in our local Future Shop - has anyone actually purchased one of these and have experienced excellent results from them?

I see Samsung have a DVI compliant 19" LCD with a 500:1 contrast ratio - for $799 - anyone care to add anything or make a recommendation or two?

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
I bought a Samsung 193v at Costco when they went on sale late in the summer. The picture is just amazing not a single pixel out of place working on a computer is actually enjoyable again without my eyes killing me from looking at a CRT all day.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without taking the time to check the model out (lazy ass) - It's a DVI connection?

...and how much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
it's just a plain VGA connection but I can't tell the difference and besides Costco had the thing for 200.00 off there regular price so I took a chance and bought it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've got a Samsung SyncMaster 171s 17" and it's fantastic. I haven't seen their 19" in person, but if it's anything like this 17", I'd recommend it for sure.

·
Registered
227 Posts
the formac line is supposed to be just as good as the apple displays but a couple bucks cheaper.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a ViewSonic VP-191b. 19" LCD, thin bezel, built in USB 2.0 hub, DVI and VGA. 3 year warranty. I haven't seen an LCD that I like better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts