Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you should have read my little fiasco with Apple about a week ago, when they shipped me my brand new 17" PowerBook in a box without styrofoam inside..... the computer was left inside rattling like a chatterbox. They gave me a ton of bullshit saying that I couldn't return it, blah blah blah.

After dealing with Apple Canada, they agreed to replace the unit free of charge. Then.. another series of problems came up. They overcharged my credit account, charged me shipping again (I knew this was coming), luckily I checked my credit card company, and I only authorized them for the right amount.... Called them again this morning, solved the issue after 30 minutes of long (and I mean looooong) conversations.

My order has now shipped, once again, through FedEx express post. In light of all my sufferings, they have agreed to compensate the following: no charge shipping, to and from the factory, and a $200 rebate.

I'm not buying Apple products online anymore. If I am going to buy Apple products in the future, I will buy from a store. I had to buy online as part of my discount plan, and man... nothing but bad experiences!

Just wanted to let you all know, you don't have to put up with corporate bullshit. As long as you stand firm, put your arguments forth, and have a speakerphone on your phone (long waiting times), you'll eventually see justice be done.

Hoooooray for my new PowerBook. It should be arriving in a day or two.

Thanks for listening!

-Phil

G

·
Glad to hear Apple agreed to replace your Powerbook... coming without being properly packaged? Totally unacceptable... I wouldn't of put up with it, either.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,521 Posts
howing, I am amazed at that story. My dealings with Apple Canada were indirect, but their speed and delivery service, as well as packing were excellent. I put in an order for a customer-configured iBook on the afternoon of Oct.31st. By the time it went through the three levels of university administration for the correct signatures, it was Nov.7th. On Nov.14th, via Priority FedEx, I received my iBook. There was an outer shipping box with all of the appropriate stickers showing all of the PRIORITY and RUSH notations on the outer box. I asked our computer purchasing folks about why this was rushed, and she said it might have been because I had also ordered a 2GHz G5 back in July, although it was shipped in Oct. and sent to a medical researcher in the Faculty of Medicine, and paid for by his research account. I was told that it was not uncommon for Apple Canada to rush additional Apple purchases to university customers. I am not sure if this is true, but it's nice to know that I am considered a "priority" with Apple Canada.

The iBook was packed in an immaculate manner. Everything had it's own place and was positioned "just right". Hopefully, your PowerBook will arrive with as much care and attention befitting the jewel in the Mac laptop line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts