Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW! These guys, located in downtown Toronto at Bay and Elm Streets, are open until MIDNIGHT Monday-Wednesday, and then until 10PM Thurs-Sat and 8pm Sundays. Good to know when you're in a jam for a cable, your drive dies, or for those impulse G5 purchases

http://www.northstarcomputer.ca/northmac.html

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was there last week and though they aint bad, I wouldn't go there unless it was an emergency. The sales people weren't very nice, didn't know prices. And the stock seemed very low, and outdated. (They still have a dual 867 set up as the main powermac.)

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure, we all have our favorite mac store -- but at 11pm, WHO YA GONNA CALL??! :D

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought a G4 from North Star in 1999 and will never buy from them again. I don't have any problems with any other resellers, but I would never shop with North Star again.

I bought a G4 400 from them, paid $100 more than the price at MacWarehouse (which was my own fauly I didn't check), but I dropped almost $5000 on a system. I came in a few weeks later and asked to look at a DVD-RAM Lacie drive and the younger salesperson with a snotty british accent said to me, AND I QUOTE "oh, you won't be buying THAT. It's $1200".

He was right, I never bought from them again. He was a different salesperson than the one who sold my machine, but for a salesperson to treat a customer like that (probably) based on what they are wearing (I was wearing work clothes) is unacceptable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts