Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but it look like a 3400 or 3500/Kanga. That funny because I don't remember the old kanga a friend has as being hot enough to burn. I could see a TiBook doing that, from what I have heard that get hot.

TiBook owners. How hot do they get? And how about those fans in them, are they load at all?

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I had mentioned this story the day before (Nov 22 2002 Dude.. you got a [OUCH!] DELL) as reported by the Register UK (they broke the story).
No suprise that CNN wouldn't bother to report The Register's conclusions, which tentatively identified the offending laptop as a Dell, from information provided by a reader. The quote:
"... Just thought I'd mention that by doing a google search with "Do not allow your portable computer to operate with the base resting directly on exposed skin. With extended operation, heat can potentially build up in the base. Allowing sustained contact with the skin could cause discomfort or, eventually, a burn" as the search string, I believe, reveals the mystery laptop brand.

It's a Dell Latitude. The search pulls up a support website from support.jp.dell.com, that has, essentially, the exact same warning in the
"User's Guide". ® ..."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts