Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I have a small LAN which can support 6 players. If you enjoy playing games on a LAN get in touch with me. I live near Jane and Dundas in Toronto and host LAN games 6:30pm wednesday nights. The computers are supplied.

I see two types of players, the "twitch" gamer (Unreal Tournament, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem) and the strategy player. Some nights we play Total Annihilation to cater to the latter. Just let me know which type of game you prefer or if you are game for either. We usually play a team based game.

The first night it's free but after that it's $5 a night. The $5 is a token amount to help defray the (deprecation) costs.

Thanks - jterry <at> eol.ca

·
Registered
719 Posts
What "iron" are you running for the games?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6 B&W Macs. Four of them have 500Mhz. G4s and the other two have 450Mhz. G3s. I'll eventually overclock the two G3s to 500Mhz. or upgrade the processors.

5 machines have Voodoo3 cards in them (for UT) with the last having a Radeon 7000.

I also have a 466 Mhz. Beige G3 with a 10/100 Asante card that runs as the UT server.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Speaking of that, if anyone wants to do some UT2003 or other Mac LAN Fragging in the Ottawa/Nepean/Kanata region, I have 54g/11b WiFi here, a big pipe for external (EhMac?) players, and a big phat PC box behind the Firewall for serving the most player-complex games and maps...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi There:

I'm trying to keep this thread current in the hopes that avid Mac gamers in Toronto will read this. I play games like Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Total Annihilation and Unreal Tournament and host a game LAN wednesday nights. I have 6 B&Ws (450Mhz. G3 or 500Mhz. G4) and a server at my place near Jane/Dundas. Usually I get 4 players but sometimes (like last wednesday) there were 6 and a good time was had by all.

Thanks - Terry O'Leary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts