Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone own, or have used, any Kodak-branded digital camera? My brother bought a CX4200 from them a few months ago, but only shortly after, stopped working completely, or would only work randomly - not a good sign. Anyway, I ask because they are pretty cheap, ($149, FutureShop, 2.0 MP; 38mm) and work extremely well in Mac OS X with iPhoto (10.3.x included). When our camera did work, it took good quality shots, despite only being 2.0 MP.

I want a digital camera just for a taking shots of stuff I may sell and of other little things-- no need for a big 5.0 MP camera or anything - it is a worthy investment? Thankfully, these cameras come with a 1-3 year Parts & Labor Warranty, so if anything should go wrong with one I may buy... I'm covered. The one I was looking at is the CX6200. Looks like a nice camera, but needs to work nicely, too. ;)

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Lars, I have owned a Kodak DC280 since it first came out. It is like a tank compared to the new slimline digital cameras, but I have dropped it, had a doxie drag it across the garden, and yet it still works well. Kodak builds cameras to last (I still have my Brownie and Kodak Instamatic).

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
I myself would never buy a newer Kodak camera,
I might consider a vintage Kodak Digital camera though.
Why don't you look at Steves Digicams and then decide on the best camera
to get based on the reviews.

Dave :cool:

·
Registered
433 Posts
i got a Kodak CX6230 for xmas and less than a month after i started using it, it malfunctioned. the dial on the top of the camera that lets you select which setting you want now only offers me 2 settings, instead of 5. Kodak said i could send it in to be fixed no problem, but that'll take 4-6 weeks. i like the camera: it takes good shots and works great with iPhoto, and is nice for something to take out as a point n shoot compared to my nikon 35 mm. But: buyer beware.

p.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and less than a month after i started using it, it malfunctioned.
Yeah, kinda like what happened to ours. They seem to have buggy cameras. At least they have good warranties, though.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I am also in the market for a small 1-2mp digital camera. It has to be tank proof and light since I want to put it on a kite and take aerial pictures with it (google a bit and you will see who cool this is).

Anyone has suggestion?

BTW, if you want ot buy a camera, take 3mp. It will allow you more freedom if you ever plan to print your pictures.

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
I have owned a Kodak EasyShare CX4200 (2 megapixel) for about a year now. I have had NO problems with it whatsoever - it's a solid, reliable little thing. I've taken about 1500 pictures with it. The image quality is excellent except in low light levels (common to most digital cameras). Overall I'm very happy with it - it has never let me down and shows no signs of wear.

Would I recommend a Kodak? You bet. I'll be ready to move on to a more sophisticated & feature-rich camera later in the year... and have decided on this one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought my parents a CX6200 for X-mas this year. THEY LOVE IT, we have dropped it many a time (thanx dad
), but it keeps on plugging. The only thing is the software for windows :mad: , but the camera is completly compatible with OS X.2.8 (have not had a chance with panther, but im sure it works great.) The only thing I can suggest, is get a media card (128 or 256 SD Card) if you plan on taking alot of pictures.

Hope this helped ya a bit

Eric C

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I've got a DC3400, 2mp, definately nothing fancy, but it has definately done its job. Taken nearly 10,000 pictures, been dropped, taken untold abuse bouncing around in my bag, and it still works. The exposure is a little dark now, but it can be compensated for with the cam, or a quick bit of Photoshoppery.

I've used it for everything from online work to print advertising, even blowing some pix up to be included in 36x60" artwork.

Now I'm in the market for a 3-5mp camera, but this one's done quite well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.