Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,425 Posts
I also think Keynote is superior to Powerpoint. While PPT probably has more features, almost no-one uses them, and the end products are much better looking with much less time spent on Keynote.

The New Pages with it's basic "Word Processor" functionality is inching closer and closer to a nice merger between Adobe's old Pagemaker Software, and Basic MS Word functionality.

I haven't played with Numbers yet, but it seems like it will do what basic users need, without all those crazy advanced PPT features.

I feel like the iWork Suite is somewhat Office Lite with some cooler design stuff built-in.

· Premium Member
4,425 Posts
I love Pages too -- especially the new '08 Version -- but I've had some issues with getting "stuck" in a numbered list and then the software not picking up later number if I can somehow "Get out" of the list.

IE: I type 1. XXX ERDFDFGSDTASDSDF And then press enter -- it autocorrects to a numbered list. Great. I get a 2. and I Type some stuff. Now... If I want to get out of the list after this -- it's pretty hard. Pressing multiple returns just generates more numbers. Shift return does what it should, and just soft returns me to the next line, but still locks me into the numbered list.

A Little frustrating.

· Premium Member
4,425 Posts
Keynote will export an SWF file for you. I've not played with this feature in Keynote '08 yet, though. I'd assume it's similar to the Quicktime export featured in the earlier versions, just in a different format.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.