Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the most exciting elements of yesterday's keynote address was the new presentation application - Keynote. It looks miles ahead of PowerPoint in terms of ease of use, but more importantly it has that touch of Apple elegance.

I placed my order this morning and can't wait to get it in my hands.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm seriously considering it. I don't use powerpoint often, but my boss, who does, is very impressed. I tink he may go to a mac soon...

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm using it.

If you've ever used PowerPoint X even on a recent mac, you've probably encountered sluggishness - transitions and animations (text, graphics) had the tendency to skip and stutter.

Keynote has fixed mostly everything. Takes about 30 minutes of messing around to understand how it works. Anyway, I tried it out on my 800Mhz iBook with the ram maxed out - transitions, animations and text move without hiccups, except for video. Transparent objects no longer shimmer or stutter as they did in PowerPoint - my old 500 iBook was hideous in PowerPoint X. Quartz engine rules if you've got a decent GPU that supports QE. I do have one problem with Keynote - QuickTime movies perform worse than in PowerPoint. There is a huge loss in framerate - choppy.

If Apple can fix that flaw, Keynote will be golden. Anyone else noticing the same problem?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I ordered my copy of KeyNote and iLife. Is Keynote shipping?! (ahead of Jan.25th's iLife)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts