Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody outhere put it to the test yet? I would to hear some reports about it. How rugged is it? I want to start to use some presentation s/w and there's a wealth to pick from. Just seeing whether or not I should follow in Jobs' steps ;)

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Ohenri, Keynote is a nice app that generates really slick presentations. It is a 1.0 product though. I dop lots of powerpoint presentations and I've found importing can be tricky if you have anything that is complex (my files are typically 20-40 Mb in size).

It also has some quirks in the interface and there are some aspects I don't like (I prefer ppts organizer view where you can shift lots of slides around). However, the transitions are something else - the first time you do a 3D rotation, the audience will "ooooh". The type is beautiful too although text insertion is a pain I find. I've done four live Keynote talks so far and it hasn't caused a single problem. I think I need to build up from scratch to take advantage of its in-built themes.

If you have a T68i then using SE Clicker to control Keynote over BlueTooth is the ultimate in wowing the audience - not that flash is a substitute for content

I give it 7.5/10 but I'm finding I am starting to really loath powerpoint.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Quicktime movies are VERY sluggish when played in Keynote -- frame rate sucks. That's on a Dual 1.25 too. Everything else is pretty sweet but could use a bit of tweaking -- more preferences and windows could be a little better.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clicking with a bluetooth phone? Oh my.... I could be the man @ my set sales appts. Hmm... what about export formats? You see, I present all the time and I want to set it up with something like Keynote et al - I may consider a swf sile to do the job as well, or maybe director? I would like to create a CD of this afterwards as well. I just want to get an idea of how quick I might be able to bang it out in Keynote. What about the music intergration? Can I loop a break??

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Ohenri,

Keynote export options are a bit limited in my view. You can't save as a web site as you can in Powerpoint. You can export to ppt but the product looks lousy compared to what it is in Keynote (because ppt sucks and its anti-aliasing and use of Quartz graph's is very poor). There is a problem in looping sound reported by others (I don't use audio).

You can also save as PDF (which saves the crisp graphics) or as a QuickTime movie. Both of these formats tend to generate very bloated files though. As far as I am aware, you can incorporate Flash animations but not export to .swf.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts