Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Machine is DVSE 400 mhz with 256 ram

9.2.1 and 9.2.2 reinstalled and working just fine in most programmes . This is my old machine now in the hands of my daughter and grandchildren
Problem is that the Keychain keeps asking for MY keychain information . We tried to move the Keychain control panel to the disabled control panel but without success ... still requests the information

How do we or can we get rid of these requests for Keychain password

Thanks for any input

Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I'm not a keychain user but I have a suggestion that might work.

There is folder called "Keychains" that resides in your "Preferences" folder within your "System" folder. My Keychains folder is empty. You can try moving the contents of your Keychains folder to the trash (but don't empty the trash yet!). Restart your computer and see if it still asks for your keychain password.

If that gets rid of the problem and you don't care about your old keychains then you can just empty the trash. You can keep those keychain files for posterity by moving them from the trash to another folder, just make sure they don't go anywhere inside the Preferences folder.

If it didn't solve the problem you can drag the files out of the trash and put them back in the "Keychains" folder, and hope someone has a better solution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.