Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that the illumination provided by the screen is more than enough to see the keys in the dark. I have it turned off to save power or something.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
Keyboard backlighting on my Powerbook?

That's news to me. How does one turn it on, or off for that matter?

(I have the 12.1"/1Hhz/Superdrive model Al Powerbook.)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
You don't have it. It's only comes stock on the 17" and the 1.25GHz 15". It can be added to the 1GHz 15" either as a special order or we can add it after the fact but it ends up costing a little more.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I don't think so. There are 3 or 4 parts that make up the system. We can buy them to add on after the fact but I don't think the 12" has the places to mount them.

I'll ask my Service guys to check it out. If it's doable, I'll post back.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
One of the "neat" things about the new PowerBooks is the keyboard backlighting -- it's a neat feature that's fun to demonstrate to friends and strangers alike. I'm beginning to find, though, that keyboard backlighting only makes sense in near darkness. In other situations it seems to make the keys even harder to read.

Am I the only person that thinks this?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
I suspected that I did not have this feature, but the subject post used the term Powerbooks, plural.

I just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed a toy to play with!

Cheers

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.