Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a thread has been made about this before but I'd just like to hear from all the designers out there if there are some obscure but useful key commands that we may not all know about for:

• Quark XPress
• Photoshop
• Illustrator
• Flash
• Bryce?

or any other app

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
misc photoshop tips:

option + command + tilde (`) = selects luminescence of the image. In some situations, this is useful for giving some extra vibrancy to photos. press command "j" to send the selection to its own layer, then set the blending mode to 'screen' or 'overlay' (i forget which, play around with it). sometimes the effect only looks good in parts of the image, in which case mask or erase the appropriate areas of the luminance layer.

in most adobe apps shift + command + "<" or ">" increases/decreases type size. holding down the option key while pressing left or right arrows increases tracking or kerning depending on what you have selected.

no need to mention the commands provided on the quick reference cards. ie, "p" for pen, "a" for direct selection, "j" for airbrush, F7 for layers pallette etc.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the first one is interesting. I havent heard of that

·
Registered
134 Posts
InDesign still keeps tripping me up: I'm never sure when to use Option-drag or Spacebar-drag to navigate a page. I know the commands well, still 2 or 3 times out of 10 I'll automatically pick the wrong one--and add a bunch of spaces in a paragraph.

Anybody else have that problem--or have come up with a solution?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts