Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Ketchup does not belong on...

2K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  ErnstNL 
#1 ·
eggs
bacon
KD
chicken burgers
any meat other than beef (accept when mixed with honey, garlic and spices to make BBQ sauce),
toast
the human body :eek:

#8 ·
I hate ketsup or ketchup or whatever it's called....but I love tomatoes or a good tomatoe pasta sauce. So, for me, it doesn't belong on anything. For eggs i put on a little tabasco sauce if the mood strikes me.

#11 ·
food = no rules?

Sandwich rules
Posted by JenW under Randomosity

Onions: Do not belong on any sandwich unless they are cooked (i.e. sauteed and on a cheesesteak)
Ketchup: Does not belong on chicken, turkey, ham, any sort of salad (i.e. tuna or egg), or roast beef. Cannot be combined with tomato, lettuce, BBQ sauce, or swiss cheese. On rare occasions can be combined with mayo or bacon, or tomato and lettuce on burgers only.
Mayo: Does not belong on burgers unless there is also bacon, lettuce, tomato, and/or cheese. Can be used on chicken, turkey, ham, or roast beef. Should not be used with salads (i.e. tuna or egg) as they already have enough.
Pickles: Do not belong on any sandwich. If they are sweet gherkins, they may be eaten on the side. Dill pickles are not meant for human consumption and should not even touch the sandwich lest they contaminate the bread. Ditto for olives stuck on the top of club sandwiches.
Mustard: On occasion can be combined with bacon. Small amounts may be used with chicken, tuna, egg, etc. salad sandwiches. Gulden’s spicy brown mustard should be used whenever possible. On rare occasions can be combined with lettuce and tomato. Can be used with ketchup and mayo. Should not be combined with BBQ sauce.
Oregano: Should be used on roast beef sandwiches and in large amounts on tuna salad. Also belongs on pizza, but that’s another post.
Bacon: Should only be combined with ketchup and mustard on rare occasions. Best when combined with BBQ. Mayo is also acceptable. Does not belong on “salad” or ham sandwiches, that’s just weird.
BBQ sauce: Does not belong on hot dogs, ham, or “salad” sandwiches. Everything else is fair game (including the fries).
A1 sauce: See BBQ sauce. If used on hamburgers, it should be the only topping used. On occasion, bacon or cheese would be acceptable.
Cole slaw: Despite what Wendy’s tries to convince everyone, no one in either Carolina eats cole slaw on hamburgers. Some people eat it on Carolina style BBQ (pork cooked in vinegar based sauce). In reality, cole slaw is not fit for human consumption in any form and should not be eaten as a topping or side dish.
Chili: Belongs on hot dogs only, in small amounts. While it is acceptable on burgers, it is just too messy. Chili should not be combined with other toppings other than cheese for the same reason.
Relish: “Regular” relish is to be avoided. “Sweet pickle relish” or “sweet pickle cubes” belong on hot dogs only. Can be combined with ketchup and mustard only.
Cheesesteaks: Should only have sauteed mushrooms and onions (and possibly peppers). That’s it. No mayo, no other toppings.
There is one exception to most of these rules: the Whopper. It’s good with mayo and ketchup and everything else Except for pickles and onions, of course. *Jen hiss at pickles and onions*
:confused:

http://jenjenw.wordpress.com/2007/04/20/sandwich-rules/

#12 ·
Ottawaman, a friend of the family used to eat onions like and apple, or between two pieces of bread (raw). That breaks the first rule in your post. I can't even fathom what that was like.

I won't even flip my steak with a fork or tongs that have touched bbq sauce. It send shivers up my spine when I see someone put bbq sauce on a nice tbone or filet mignon. I just can't wrap my mind around spending $10-15 bucks on a steak then covering it in sauce.

To each his own, as I have friends who use bbq sauce on steak and b*tch at me when I bi*ch at them 80) ... apparently they don't lke being wrong. :D

#14 ·
Funny though, I never put it on a hamburger. Just KD and sometimes on rice too.

#19 ·
A friend of mine swears that peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches are delicious. I've yet to try one though because mayonnaise, by itself, kind of grosses me out.

#17 ·
You only put ketchup on stuff you don't like. Period. And then only sparingly...

And, for those of you who like it on KD, substitute w/ some BBQ sauce. Kraft Hickory is my favorite for KD.

Now, one more thing:

If you are going to use whipped cream, make sure it's real whipped cream, not Reddi-Whip. I won't get into the details, but once that crap starts drying out, it turns into glue. As a fur bearing mammal, let's just say it was somewhat painful...

SINC, be quiet.

#18 ·
Now, one more thing:

If you are going to use whipped cream, make sure it's real whipped cream, not Reddi-Whip. I won't get into the details, but once that crap starts drying out, it turns into glue. As a fur bearing mammal, let's just say it was somewhat painful...

SINC, be quiet.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

#24 ·
Ketchup belongs in the fridge not on the shelf.

Cold ketchup. Good.
Warm Ketchup. Bad

Ketchup on Hot Dogs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.