Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems that every where I call lately that the automated BS that we all have to listen to (banks, phone companies etc) have critical updates and thats why there is delays..want to know why? freakin WINDOWS
I hate windows with a passion and thier viruses that cause all us normal people problems...my internet service went south last night (ADSL with telus) so I called thier stinkin support line...while I waited patiently a voice came on the phone (automated guy) stating that there is a critical update with thier computers and windows viruses and anyone experiencing no internet to call (microcrap and it's friends which are antivirus companies) and to get the latest updates in order to rectify the problem....GRRR well I use a mac damn it! so eventually a voice comes on the phone asking right away what version of windows I am using :D I POLITELY say that I USE a REAL COMPUTER..and he says oh linux? and I say...NO A MAC! and he shuts up..and I proceed to ask whats going on with the internet and he says viruses and crap and just to be patient...well...guess I have no choice but to wait until telus and millions of other companies deal with the world of windows BullS*!T I get so tired of paying the price for the stupidity (people who keep using windows! and dealing with all the frustration that comes with it!) doesn't anyone see the light and know that there are WAY better alternatives out there besides winblows?? and telus is not the only place I called and dealt with windows problems....I even called toshiba (for a friend with a satelite laptop) and thier site was all messed up due to recent viruses....makes me glad to use and appreciate Macs and people who use them...I think we should all sue microsoft....get a whole whack of people and attack them until they drop off the face of the earth! hehe
well I am done ranting now...need to drink less coffee...cheers!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
LOL

I really liked that rant. There's no excuse - get a Mac, get no viruses.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I keep having the same problem at work. The federal department I work for has had its network virtually crippled for the last two weeks by Windows security holes.

Yet, even when I provide my IT department with the viable alternatives in Mac, I get sneers and jeers. It is maddening. :mad:

Luckily, I get to work on our emergency business resumption plan plan...and there will be some Macs worked into that plan...for when Windows viruses would forbid necessary network communication.

Augh!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
171 Posts
imactheknife says: so eventually a voice comes on the phone asking right away what version of windows I am using I POLITELY say that I USE a REAL COMPUTER..
Okay, that's my favorite part! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Do we (mac users) really want everyone using macs? I for one say no. If they did , we would getting Mac viruses instead of windows ones as the programmers would switch.
It would be nice to see Apple's share of the computer market go up but i like being part of the minority. It's fun watching tv/movies and spotting macs(which BTW there are a suprising number lately
)
However, i do wish that servers would get away from Windows and start using Linux/UNIX more.it would save us ALOT of trouble down the road.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I only tell my best friends about Macs :D
I take my PB to work (Hospital) and get internet and network access without the restrictions the the windoze puters have.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Moonsocket said:

"Do we (mac users) really want everyone using macs? I for one say no. If they did , we would getting Mac viruses instead of windows ones as the programmers would switch."

-------------------------------------------

Ah, but Mac OS X -- and its BSD UNIX underpnnings -- are far more resistant to viruses and hacking than Windows ever has been! UNIX has been around for thirty years and has come to be pretty tight. OS X ships with all ports closed by default. Windows defaults to all on. OS X demands an admin password almost every time software is installed. Windows does not. There are many other aspects of OS X that make it superior to Windows ffor security -- and many other things. But, we all knew that! :D

I created a hot and heavy thread at this PC dweeb website I hang out at about how lame Windows is. Check it out!

As forr more people 'switching"? I honestly don't think that, even if Apple doubled its marketshare, the level of attack against the platform would cause problems. And yet, doubling Apple's market share would be A HUGE BOON! So, don;tt be afraid to spread the word.

And, check out that thread I linked. You won't be dissapointed!

·
Registered
235 Posts
No fan of MS

But there are very few software programs built robustly and perfect. You couple that with the obvious MS hatred and you end up with viruses. they are made by people...not MS. Although we all know the huge bugs that are in released MS products. But what about Netscape and their Version 6 fiasco... welcome to the world of computers. there are dozens of great books on this subject...Don Norman, jeffery Moore et al

I have recently - at current count received over 700 MS SWEN hoax emails. These are not sent by MS. These are the work of the virus jockies.

Regardless how crappy MS and other software is our lives would be a lot less goofy without hackers and folks writing viruses

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Mose, if Windows wasn't such a complete and total FAILURE in security, we wouldn't be in this mess. Like, you should see my email filtering rules!

No OS is perfect. but, OS X is FAR LESS imperfect than Windows. And, given how far, wide and solid Windows is installed in this world, a bad joke has been played on us. I'm frankly very curious to see what happens over the next few years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts