Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

I was thinking of accesorizing(sp?) my iPod, but the accessories are just so darn expensive. $75 for a microphone? What is up with that? I do plan on getting an exo2 skin though. Don't want my new little toy getting scratched

As for getting a mac for the full experience, I do plan on getting a used G3 or G4 tower in the summer to fool around with. I do have a G3 iMac in the house that belongs to my dad. I am not a big fan of OS 9.x.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
....well, sort of. I bought an iPod the other day. This was my first Apple product since my LC 575 computer back in the day. I bought it from Apple's educational store, so I have to wait about a week to recieve it in the mail. I went for the 15gb model.

Just thought I should make my debute on the board =)

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Hey Jack!
Welcome,
the iPod is the single best toy I have ever bought period.
I just don't know why I took so long to get one!

It is simply amazing!
You should be happy with the 15 gig, I bought a 10 gig about 2 weeks ago at a very nice discount...

You will love it!
Enjoy..
As well, spoil yourself with extra if you can..

I bought a used itrip and griffin powerpod.
The itrip is pretty cool but its hard to find clear stations...
But when it works it at near CD quality.

I just got an iskin exo2 case... what a beauty... amazing case.. only problem.. itrip doesnt fit while the case is on...

Let us know how it goes!

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Wel you will find 10.3 a whole different beast from 9 or 8 .
No more hangups in the OS , given enough RAM and speed
10.3 needs 500mhz or more and 256 mb ram at the minumum

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
10.3 needs 500mhz
Let's not go that far. I have 10.3.2 running more than great on both a G4/400 (896 MB) and a G3/400 iMac (768 MB). The 500 MHz theory-requirement is just what some would recommend, but definitely not a requirement, even for good performance.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Hey Jack!

Welcome to the asylum

Child of Cupertino ;)

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I was forced by my job to use a PC for twelve hours each day, seven days per week, for two or three months at a stretch (I worked as a lab technician at wellsite on oil rigs).

THAT is why I bought a Mac as my very first computer. ;) :D

I would never go back.

Get yourself a used Mac that will run the latest version of OSX. It shouldn't cost you much more than six or eight hundred bucks at the most.

Then play around and see what all the fuss is about. ;) :D

YOU will become a believer as well. No more viruses. No more grief. Just a wonderful machine that helps you every step of the way.

Trust me on this. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Wecome aboard J.
I know you will enjoy the Mac experience when you get to try it. I have used a number of platforms from Silicon Graphics, to winbloze and the two Mac systems. I have been using Macs since 1984 and had to use PCs at work. I always liked coming home to my Mac (Once you use Mac, you never go back)
OS X is a HUGE improvement over the classic environment but 9.2.2 is not too shaby either in that you still are not inudated with the viruses like Windoze. :D

·
peek-a-boo
16,654 Posts
Hey, here's another familiar face ;)

You'll find a few used G4 towers for a decent price that'll do great, and let you run Panther. The operating system is what has me hooked.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
LMAO! :D Give us Mac guys a crack in the door, and look how we wedge in there and try to pull it open! Ease up folks! You'll scare him off! (exnay on the "Winblows" and "Windoze" terminology)

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
LOL

I'm sure someone would be willing to bring their computer to Jack's place and demo the greatness of OS 10.3 :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts