Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new (White) iMac last night. Got it at London Drugs on 8th Street in Saskatoon. We drove in to looks for clothes for my wife and ended getting a new iMac. :D Got the 24" iMac with the extra Apple Care thrown in for $1500 even, it was their last iMac period and the other London drugs location was sold out. I hemmed and hawed about it then took it and am glad I did. I was considering an iMac refurb from Apple but see this morning all 20" and 24"'s are sold out for right now. I thought there would be some great lower clearance prices at local stores but these white ones are flying off the shelves and didn't want to miss out. Anyway, I am very excited to be moving from a 1.25 Ghz eMac to the 24" iMac, 10.3 to 10.4, and CRT to LCD. My wife is happy too and my seven year old is beside himself! Hopefully my next post will be from the new iMac!

·
Canuck of Enlightenment
949 Posts
Sounds like you got quite the bargain. Good work.:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Yeah... with the Applecare thrown in, that's a nice little deal for those who don't need the "latest and greatest". It's exactly what I just recommended to my friend who's looking to get a Macbook. He's in no hurry, so I told him to wait until the next revision, then grab a clearout. The deals you can get are downright amazing.

Enjoy the system!

A7

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is my first post with the new machine. The transfer via Firewire between the eMac and the iMac was seamless. The number and size of the software updates was unreal! This is one beautiful machine. It is going to be nearly impossible to use my 17" flatscreen on my PC at work (Thank God I at least have a mini also connected to my monitor at work) as this desktop real estate is unreal. :D I am very pleased with the purchase.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Nice buy Mark! Hope all is well in PA....I have a cousin who moved up there so one day I will have to visit! Mark

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words all...it's a treat. And good to hear from you Mark, let me know when you will be in PA sometime, sounds great.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi, I'm in the same boat with a eMac and looking to buy an 24" iMac.
Do you think you could do some performance tests when you get the time? I know the iMac will blow the doors off the eMac, but I like figures.
I use photoshop, iMovie and few others. A good test for photoshop is Retouch Artists | Photoshop Speed Test

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll have a look to see if I can run the tests.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.