Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once in a great while, I will, in the comfort of my own livingroom with my kids watching Saturday morning cartoons, set up my Pismo and get on the internet. With my cables (power and phone cord)stretched across the room, I will remind my kids to watch for the cords before they get up. Well, this morning I should have reminded myself. As I was bringing some bagles and cream cheese in for my kids, I caught the phone cord and tore it out of the wall. I believe I've done this once or twice before, and wonder when I am going to tear out my modem from the Pismo. Now I know why it would be nice to have airport set up. Just my observation for the morning.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know the feeling.

A few years ago, I was working on my new iBook, my first Mac, all of 3 weeks old.

I had it sitting on a tv tray, in my living room. I got up to do something, forgot about the cord stretched out to my cable modem and BOOM...the poor little iBook was on the floor.

The little guy survived the fall. The following weekend I went and coughed up money for a wireless setup. Wireless rules!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I feel the same. In 2000 when I bought my first IBook, when Airport was available, I bought it witjh an Aiport base.

Now my network is completly based upon Airport, only the old Powermac, the Airport base station and printers are connected via Ethernet wires, they don't move.

The two PCs (don't shout I need one for working) and all four Mac are Airport driven.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Csonni, bonjour, mon ami. How is Life treating you in Labrador? I feel your pain. I almost had my new iBook pulled off of the table by a doxie chasing another doxie and running over the power cord. I am now totally wireless as the battery is wearing down to 0%. Luckily for you, it seems as if you are wiser but not without your Mac.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Csonni, does Aliant/Newtel service much of the telecommunications (re internet connections) up in your section of Labrador?

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dr G-life is good here in Labrador. Winter seems to be holding off with it's grand entrance. Aliant/Newtel, I believe, has most of the business. We used to have SearsConnect as our long distance server, but they stopped serving. Back to Aliant. As far as HighSpeed goes, I believe there are now some options other than Sympatico. We also have a local server here in HVGB- no longer Sympatico only.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Csonni, glad to hear that all is going well with you up in Goose Bay. It was a bit of a shock when Labrador did not get full representation in the newly formed Williams' cabinet. I live in St.John's East, and John Ottenheimer is now the Minister of Education.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts