Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In addition to the pile of flyers and random crap I now get home phone ads. 3 days a week I get rogers ad's and the other two days a week its from Primus. Some days I get both! What kind of advertising budget does rogers have to send out print advertising EVERY DAY. I'm already a customer of theirs (due to lack of options - no dsl service here) and dont want any more of their crap.

And this is the end of my mini junk mail rant.

Thank you for listening.

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
Nope, same here, my wife just brought it up the other day, we have eveything they offer... but they still want us to make the switch.
This is how it works: Rogers has 12,000 trained monkeys. These trained monkeys stuff envelopes, operate heavy trucks, and twist fiber optic wires together. (There is also an untrained monkey contingent. You can guess what work they undertake for Rogers.)

They used to have 12,075 trained monkeys, but last year they had to lay off 75 of them. Coincidentally, it was those 75 monkeys who were trained to stop mail carriers from spamming your mailbox. So, absent that monkey filter, you now get all the same mail your Sympatico, Bell, Telus, Xpressvu, etc., neighbours get.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
So, absent that monkey filter, you now get all the same mail your Sympatico, Bell, Telus, Xpressvu, etc., neighbours get.
I have been with Telus for over three years now and get very little from them in the mail. I get much more from Bell, but nothing from Rogers, so it must depend on where you live.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been with Telus for over three years now and get very little from them in the mail. I get much more from Bell, but nothing from Rogers, so it must depend on where you live.
I live in Rogersville. Formerly known as Toronto. Still the centre of the universe. ;)

I'd switch to telus in an instant, if they had anything other than Mobil phone service here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.