Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the Tim Horton's outside of the Esso at Kingsway @ Willingdon... I could not help but be amused by the layout of the sign...

beejacon "What benefits should we post today?"
:greedy: "I don't think good wages is a good one, we were a bit short cashed last week so we gotta keep it minimum."
beejacon "But it attracted Joanne last week and she's pretty good so far."
:greedy: "Yea well we can just offer good health benefits."
beejacon "Why? Benefits cost us a fortune."
:greedy: "Just don't hire old sick people and the costs will be low."
beejacon "Ahhh gotcha... and at least pay for their training."
:greedy: "Ummmm..."
beejacon "It helps, we retain more employees that way because they feel guilty if they leave"
:greedy: "Oh, that sounds good, but we need one more benefit to make it attractive."
beejacon "Paid vacation?"
:greedy: "No."
beejacon "Opportunities to advance?"
:greedy: "No."
beejacon "Ooo, ooo, good wages?"
:greedy: "We discussed that already remember?"
beejacon "Oh yea..."
:greedy: "I'll just throw in flexible hours."
beejacon "Oh good one, so they feel special and important even if we pay them crap."
:greedy: "Great, pat ourselves on the back now let's post this sign up front."
beejacon "In record time too! I gotta rush to the dealer to pick up my SLK."

Attachments

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Careful, these signs were used in the US last Fall to get unsuspecting men and women to enlist in the US Army. Of course, Tim's stood for "The Iraq Mission".

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
My wife worked with Tim Horton's. A lot of them are franchises (if not all). When her bosses treated her like crap, she walked around to the other Tim's in the area, dropping off her resume.

Apparently Tim's Corporate Policy is that franchisees can't hire other Tim's employees without WRITTEN approval. What a way to screw the front line people. Needless to say, shortly after that, my wife quit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.