Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope she hangs Turdeau by the balls!

Go Jody GO!

Veterans Affairs Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould is quitting the federal cabinet.

In a letter published on her website (screenshot below), the former justice minister says she has hired former Supreme Court judge Thomas Cromwell to tell her what she can say about her dealings with the prime minister on the SNC-Lavalin affair.

Wilson-Raybould’s letter does not say exactly why she’s quitting.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/jod...au-cabinet-amid-snc-lavalin-scandal-1.4293529

And hires lawyer to help her find out what she can now legally say to Canadians. :clap::clap:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
42,492 Posts
Hey FUXL... SOO-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,100 Posts
Unless we have written evidence this will be a she said-he said. I don’t think this will be enough to bring him down, but........one never knows when good fortune smiles.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
~Becauth ith's 2015!

Further.

The Libranos: SNC Lavalin

REMAIN CALM.

“Do you want me to answer that question in English?”

When you live in dark lies, deception and cover up — irrational statements blurt out. pic.twitter.com/XHGJ83rP02

— Manny_Ottawa (@manny_ottawa) February 13, 2019​
How about just plain old, non-politico-ese? As in, no bull$h!t?

More:

THE PRIME MINISTER HAS THE SITUATION UNDER CONTROL.

While all the intrigue continues to swell over the federal charges it faces for corruption — as in greasing grimy palms in Libya with multi-millions to secure contracts (an accepted cost of doing business in many parts of the world) — Lavalin is apparently in a possibly similar-fact but less-publicized legal pickle closer to the home front.

According to a report by the Canadian Press news agency, court documents show prosecutors in Quebec are working with the RCMP on the possibility of laying new criminal charges against Lavalin linked to a contract to refurbish Montreal’s Jacques Cartier Bridge.

Related: Guess who owns 19.9% of SNC Lavalin?
Comments nail it.

Related:

Liberals defending two-tier justice?

I'll just consider that headline as the rhetorical question it is.

Related, too:

The Libranos: SNC Lavalin

It’s been years since I read Bourque. These days, it’s worth an exception.

This morning, overheard at Nate’s Deli one block south of the West Block in downtown Ottawa, is a savory suggestion that at least 3 and as many as 7 Liberal MPs are ready to bolt from the Liberal caucus if Jody exits the team, including one high profile cabinet minister .. >>> And perhaps equally troubling is news out of the PMO from a person extremely close to the action that heads are about to roll inside the bunker, including the abrupt exit of one of the PM’s top adjuncts (a power struggle is underway), possibly couched as a diplomatic posting to some exotic location half way around the world. Apparently the natives are restless and the leadership is in full panic mode ..
So, I went looking for the article containing the accompanying quote & couldn't find it.

That said...

1) If true, saweet.
2) If false, too bad.

Once again, the real gold is in the comments. I am stunned at the level of corruption in Kaybeck across the board. And, it p!$$es me off even more that's what happening to my transfer payment money.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
~Becauth ith's 2015!

Even more:

Just another day at the office for a government that looks increasingly grubby

Events are rapidly spinning out of control and Trudeau looks like a prime minister who acts impetuously and fails to think through the consequences of his actions.
Welcome to the understatement of the century...

Related:

The frightened Liberal rabbits shut down investigation into SNC-Lavalin affair

There was never any doubt the Liberal majority on the Commons justice committee would block an investigation into the SNC-Lavalin affair. The only question was how.

The frightened rabbits on the government side were not about to investigate their masters in the Prime Minister’s Office, let alone on such an explosive question as whether they had attempted to tamper with a criminal prosecution.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
~Becauth ith's 2015!

As always, Rex knocks it out of the park.

Diversity Was His Weakness

Live by identity politics, die by identity politics.

The treatment of Ms. Wilson-Raybould put a big, bold, strike-through line on the absolute core elements of the Trudeau brand. It crisscrossed so many cardinal Trudeau pretensions it was almost enough to tempt belief in trendy “intersectionality.” (Almost.)

It had been vowed that, in the sun-drenched days of a male-feminist Justin Trudeau administration, women would be treated better, more respectfully and above all fairer than in all the Neanderthal darkness that preceded it. Mr. Trudeau branded himself as the feminist-equity principle made flesh. Athena herself in pinstripes. […]

But of all the issues this prime minister has boasted of being closest to his heart, surpassing even feminist equity, the most “moral” of them all is Aboriginal relations. This, as he has said, is why he is in politics. On this file, most central to Canada’s moral integrity, he was going to be the leader.​

That’s the genius of government by old white men. Nobody cares when you fire one.
There's gold in them there comments.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
~Becauth ith's 2015!

Even more:

Why does Trudeau desperately want to save SNC-Lavalin?

When former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould refused to cut a deal and let SNC-Lavalin walk away from the charge without a conviction it must have panicked Trudeau and his team.

On Friday, Trudeau admitted to being lobbied by the current and former premiers of Quebec, of having the issue of SNC-Lavalin raised by corporate and union leaders.

Essentially he was making the case that the company is too big to fail, too big and too important to be blocked from federal contracts by a pesky conviction for bribery or corruption.
Bold mine.

Fug 'em. And him...

Related:

When a Liberal scandal becomes a hashtag, it’s big trouble

When a political scandal has its own hashtag, as in #lavscam, suspicions come into the political play that are not easily quashed.

As a result, the Trudeau Liberals have themselves in a pickle with only seven months before the Canadian electorate goes to the polls.

This is hardly good news.
On the contrary, this is f'ing great news! :clap::clap::clap:

Maybe, just maybe, enough feces will stick to the Dauphin et al. this time. Seven months, huh? Let's bury the bastard in it...

One Term Juthdin!!!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
'No question' Jody Wilson-Raybould will tell the truth about why she quit, says her father

Chief Bill Wilson says when his daughter speaks up, it 'could very well topple a government'

Jody Wilson-Raybould will undoubtedly "come forthright and honest and tell exactly what went on" between her and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, says the former justice minister's father.

Wilson-Raybould quit the Liberal cabinet Tuesday, days after the Globe and Mail reported she was pressured by the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) to help Quebec-based engineering firm SNC-Lavalin avoid criminal prosecution on bribery and fraud charges in relation to contracts in Libya between 2001 and 2011.

Trudeau denies the allegations and Wilson-Raybould has, so far, remained tight-lipped.

But her father Bill Wilson, a Kwakwaka'wakw hereditary chief, says he knows she will tell Canadians the truth because she was raised with integrity by two strong Indigenous women.

Here is part of his conversation with As It Happens host Carol Off.
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...-about-why-she-quit-says-her-father-1.5018242

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Frankly, I'm stunned MotherCorpse is covering this.

Perhaps it's because Trudles, as a white male, ranks lower on the victim scale than a First Immigrants female...

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Frankly, I'm stunned MotherCorpse is covering this.

Perhaps it's because Trudles, as a white male, ranks lower on the victim scale than a First Immigrants female...
Yeah, but notice it is CBC radio, not TV which has far more impact and viewers versus listeners.

Can't be accused of ignoring it that way, but it is a token coverage at best. ;)

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
~Becauth ith's 2015!

Shocka...

Wilson-Raybould challenged Trudeau on SNC-Lavalin, Prime Minister concedes

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau revealed Friday that former justice minister and attorney-general Jody Wilson-Raybould had approached him to clarify whether he was in fact ordering her to make a particular decision on the bribery and fraud prosecution of SNC-Lavalin Group.

He said her question, in September, 2018, came amid a major lobbying campaign on the matter.

“Obviously there have been many discussions around this government: questions asked of me from two different Quebec premiers. Questions asked of me, and representations made, by the company, made by a broad range of individuals, of MPs. There were many discussions going on,” Mr. Trudeau said.

“Which is why Jody Wilson-Raybould asked me if I was directing her or going to direct her to take a particular decision, and I of course said, ‘No,’ that it was her decision to make and I expected her to make it. I had full confidence in her role.“
Bold mine.

Question:

If The Dope can talk past this alleged attorney-client privilege, why can't Jody Wilson-Raybould?

:confused::confused::confused:

Related:

A Tale of Two Scandals; of SNC and CSA

This whole sordid situation is pretty normal in government. In SNC’s case, it’s a long-established pattern, from the bribery allegations of the Padma Bridge case (2011), to the Arthur Porder Kick-Back Scandal (2011-2014), to the Kerala Dam bribery and financial fraud scandal (1995-2008), to the Jacques-Cartier Bridge scandal (mid-2000’s) -and on it goes. It goes on because SNC is never held to account for their conduct.

You see, SNC Lavalin does engineering of scale. That is, they build national and municipal infrastructure. They contract to, and work with, civil servants. All the time. Civil servants are seconded to SNC, then back, flowing across the fictional divide between government and nominal private enterprise like a child’s pop-bottle backwash, getting dirtier with every transaction.

Working in multiple roles with the civil service, at the same time as contractor, employer, and financier, means that SNC has long enjoyed the same civil service experience of exemption from responsibility, including criminal responsibility, for their conduct. It’s just that, amazingly, in this case the Minister of Justice wouldn’t play the game.
Bold mine.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
~Becauth ith's 2015!

Caution: Link to MotherCorpse inside.

The Libranos: SNC Lavalin … Breaking…

“denies allegations” — Gerald Butts resigns as Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s principal secretary…
Bold mine.

Good. Trudles' puppetmaster, the real PM, is gone. That's one of the bastards.

From the comments:

Good riddance. Now charge him with obstruction and see who he implicates.
Nails it.

Whatever we do, we can't let this be "the end of it". We need to beat the hell out of this drum for the next 7 months.

Other comments salient.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
~Becauth ith's 2015!

Related:

Justin Trudeau’s top adviser Gerald Butts resigns amid SNC-Lavalin affair

Gerald Butts, Justin Trudeau’s principal secretary and senior political advisor, has resigned amid allegations that the Prime Minister’s Office tried to prevent the criminal prosecution of SNC-Lavalin.

In a statement posted on Twitter, Butts denied accusations that he or anyone else in the PMO improperly pressured former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould to help the Montreal engineering giant avoid prosecution on corruption and bribery charges related to contracts in Libya.
Trudeau's principal secretary, Gerald Butts, resigns amid SNC-Lavalin furor

BREAKING: In Shocking Development, Gerald Butts Resigns From PMO

Gerald Butts is leaving the PMO.

In a bombshell development, Trudeau’s Principal Advisor, long-time friend, and most powerful political staff member has announced that he’s leaving the PMO as the SNC-Lavalin scandal continues to surge out of control.
More:

Now, Canadians are asking why Butts would resign if he supposedly did nothing wrong, and it’s clear that the PMO scandal only continues to grow each day.
Bold mine.

Questions, questions, questions.

It sure as hell ain't because the bastard is honourable...

Trudeau's principal secretary Gerald Butts resigns

"The fact is that this accusation exists. It cannot and should not take one moment away from the vital work the Prime Minister and his office is doing for all Canadians. My reputation is my responsibility and that is for me to defend," Butts said.
The only servicing being done here is by the Liberal party to every Canadian on the planet, save Kaybeckers. BOHICA.

Once again, how can you tell when a Liberal is lying? When his lips move...

Hey, Jimbo: Soooooouuuuuiiieeeeeee!!!!! What does MotherCorpse's lying poll say today? This is what the Real world is saying:

PMO Scandal Fallout: Trudeau’s Net Approval Rating Drops To -18%

With the Trudeau PMO SNC-Lavalin scandal swirling, Justin Trudeau’s approval rating has dropped again.

According to a new Campaign Research poll, 53% of Canadians disapprove of Justin Trudeau, while 35% approve.

That puts his net approval rating at -18%.
Links' emphasis.

About 20% higher than it's gonna be... :lmao::lmao::lmao:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya gotta think this is designed to take the heat off Turdeau, but it ain't gonna work. Turdeau must be held legally responsible and prosecuted.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The wife of SNC-Lavalin’s CEO is the director of the company that manages the personal wealth of Trudeau’s chief fundraiser and longtime friend, billionaire Stephen Bronfman.

Any questions?

Attachments

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Watchdog files ethics complaint against Trudeau for voting against public inquiry

A leading democracy watchdog is filing an ethics complaint against Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in relation to the SNC-Lavalin fiasco, the Sun has learned.

Democracy Watch, a Canadian advocacy group, believes Trudeau broke two sections of the Conflict of Interest Act by failing to abstain from a vote held last week in the House of Commons over whether or not to hold a public inquiry into the growing scandal. The Liberals defeated the motion with 159 against and 133 in favour.

“Jody Wilson-Raybould did the right thing by abstaining,” Duff Conacher, co-founder of Democracy Watch and adjunct professor of law and politics at the University of Ottawa, told the Sun. “Democracy Watch will soon file a complaint with the Ethics Commissioner about Trudeau’s vote.”
More at the link.

https://vancouversun.com/news/natio...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1550973175

1 - 20 of 185 Posts