Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The design firm that I work it at is currently looking for software that allows the office as a whole to track jobs (from start to finish):

ie: Management enters the job in, assigns a designer to the job, data is entered in the database as the job progresses, and then the file is closed for billing, etc.

The only thing I could think of at the time was FileMaker Pro... but this area of software is fairly beyond what I'm familiar with so I wasn't sure if it was something that wouldn't really require additional resources (a standalone Mac to server or something).

Is there anyone here who may have insight into something of this nature? TIA!!! :D

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Well, I can't find anything at VersionTra-- ..... oh, waitaminute, I thought you said Job<u>s</u> tracking software :eek:

....for a minute I thought you were hoping to keep tabs on a certain CEO....

:D
M

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mannyp:

The only thing I could think of at the time was FileMaker Pro... but this area of software is fairly beyond what I'm familiar with so I wasn't sure if it was something that wouldn't really require additional resources (a standalone Mac to server or something).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a perfect job for FileMaker. FileMaker can be served from Windows, Mac, or Linux (just x86 Linux though). Each client will need a copy too, unless you make a FileMaker web app. If you want to make a FileMaker web app, all you need is a Mac or Windows PC and one copy of FileMaker Unlimited.

It's probably a good idea to find a FileMaker developer unless you have some time on your hands to learn it yourself.

(toot my own horn)
I've done a similar shareware product for help desks and tech support called KevPT (PT is for ProblemTracker). You can see it at http://kevtools.com/kevpt/kevpt.html. I'm sure something similar can be made for Job Tracking.
(/toot)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts