Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Job Check: just a Q?

3K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  ThirtyOne 
#1 ·
The Apple Job post got me thinking. What does err-body do here for chips?? Just to get an idea of the fabric that makes up ehMac. Me? Apparel industry in sales/mrkt, and run an indie label on the side. One makes $$ the other sucks it. That's why I'm a Libra I guess - zero sum. LOL. Add on... ;) Oh yeah, and still take classes...

BTW, this is far from mandatory. Just getting to know folks. Cheers.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm a graphic designer. I contract to various advertising, design and marketing agencies as well as maintain my own client accounts. I also teach Quark and Photoshop at college and teach a university class on graphic design fundamentals.

#3 ·
i'm a Full time student at the Emily Carr Institute of Art & Design.

(and on the side i hock clothes at the GAP.)

#9 ·
Music retail?? Which one?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by moonsocket:
Music retail here.....i hate it...just the company not music
. oh and im also a musician with a great band...working on my fourth cd now!

wanna put my record out ohenri ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

#10 ·
Daycus, why don't you go for those Apple postings??

BTW, I'm thinking of getting a Tri Band cell. What is the whole locking/unlocking things anyhow? Never really looked into that. Can you shed some light?

#11 ·
I'm the head of Media Relations for a federal government department...and I used to work as a radio journalist.

We're all about transperancy and accountability, baby!!! ;) ...and sometimes bad spelling. Man, I wish ehMac had a spell checker! Tee hee hee :D

#12 ·
I am a consultant for all things Apple.

I work at integration, reverse integration (moving windows out of environments), routers, switches, and DNS servers. From Netinfo, to LDAP services, from the password server to web and email services, I ensure everything works peachy keen on the Mac!

Basically, I take everything from the internet feed that comes into your building and make everything hum along. I ensure that all CPU's talk to one another nicely while promoting the mac as the best platform ever to use.

From the pretty gui to the dirty (and fun) unix shell, I look after it all....except for getting outlook2000 to mac OS X entourage....to many problems and hassles for me

Basically in true nerd fashion, I promote and praise the Apple Computer platform and try to show it off to as many people as necessary and tell them about the benefits of owning an Apple.

In short terms, I am an Apple Network Consultant

#15 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ohenri:
Daycus, why don't you go for those Apple postings??
BTW, I'm thinking of getting a Tri Band cell. What is the whole locking/unlocking things anyhow? Never really looked into that. Can you shed some light?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i applied for the apple solutions consultant job and i'm crossing my fingers if they'll call me.
cellphones are a weird and sticky issue.. basically all the phones you get at stores are pre-programmed to work for whatever provider, whether it be rogers, telus, bell or fido. these phones have to be activated on their respective networks. the unlock code is given by the provider based on the kind of phone you buy: based on phone brand, provider, and type (whether GSM or tri mode, etc...)
of course, i have heard of places that get neutral phones that you can activate on any network.. but those places are pretty shady.

#16 ·
Best of Luck Daycus. Hope something pans out. As mentioned, it would be an interesting post.

re: the cell, I might buy an uncloked one online. Trying to get a new one so I've been looking around.

#23 ·
I am an installation and performance artist, but make 'chips' photographing everyone else's art work, (museums, corporate collections, galleries, individual artists) Wish it paid more. but the people are good. I don't much like working alone all the time though.

#24 ·
Well, being in Ottawa, I work for Ottawa's biggest employer, the Federal Government, supervising a group of Database Administrators who take care of some large DB2 databases on a bunch of mainframes.

#26 ·
I wrote a weekly newspaper column about computers and the Internet for eight years for the Toronto Sun. Then the tech bubble burst and freelance budgets vanished, leaving me without regular work.

Since then, I've been slowly going broke as a freelance writer and editor. I'm presently looking for full-time work in or near Toronto doing training and/or consulting.

My favourite things are putting techno-babble into plain language and helping people to understand how they can get more out of their computers.

Sandy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.