Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Apple Job post got me thinking. What does err-body do here for chips?? Just to get an idea of the fabric that makes up ehMac. Me? Apparel industry in sales/mrkt, and run an indie label on the side. One makes $$ the other sucks it. That's why I'm a Libra I guess - zero sum. LOL. Add on... ;) Oh yeah, and still take classes...

BTW, this is far from mandatory. Just getting to know folks. Cheers.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm a graphic designer. I contract to various advertising, design and marketing agencies as well as maintain my own client accounts. I also teach Quark and Photoshop at college and teach a university class on graphic design fundamentals.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i'm a Full time student at the Emily Carr Institute of Art & Design.

(and on the side i hock clothes at the GAP.)

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Well I'm an illustrator. My chief client is the Canadian Heraldic Authority. I also do some graphic design and wood carving as well. Beyond that, its house renovation. Namely my own.
Robert

·
Registered
656 Posts
i work for futureshop in the communications department. i hock cellphones, digital cameras, camcorders and telephones.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Music retail?? Which one?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by moonsocket:
Music retail here.....i hate it...just the company not music
. oh and im also a musician with a great band...working on my fourth cd now!

wanna put my record out ohenri ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Daycus, why don't you go for those Apple postings??

BTW, I'm thinking of getting a Tri Band cell. What is the whole locking/unlocking things anyhow? Never really looked into that. Can you shed some light?

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I'm the head of Media Relations for a federal government department...and I used to work as a radio journalist.

We're all about transperancy and accountability, baby!!! ;) ...and sometimes bad spelling. Man, I wish ehMac had a spell checker! Tee hee hee :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
I am a consultant for all things Apple.

I work at integration, reverse integration (moving windows out of environments), routers, switches, and DNS servers. From Netinfo, to LDAP services, from the password server to web and email services, I ensure everything works peachy keen on the Mac!

Basically, I take everything from the internet feed that comes into your building and make everything hum along. I ensure that all CPU's talk to one another nicely while promoting the mac as the best platform ever to use.

From the pretty gui to the dirty (and fun) unix shell, I look after it all....except for getting outlook2000 to mac OS X entourage....to many problems and hassles for me

Basically in true nerd fashion, I promote and praise the Apple Computer platform and try to show it off to as many people as necessary and tell them about the benefits of owning an Apple.

In short terms, I am an Apple Network Consultant

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Unemployed over here... As last year of regular school, and well the extra volunteer stuff doesn't leave time for work...

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ohenri:
Daycus, why don't you go for those Apple postings??
BTW, I'm thinking of getting a Tri Band cell. What is the whole locking/unlocking things anyhow? Never really looked into that. Can you shed some light?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i applied for the apple solutions consultant job and i'm crossing my fingers if they'll call me.
cellphones are a weird and sticky issue.. basically all the phones you get at stores are pre-programmed to work for whatever provider, whether it be rogers, telus, bell or fido. these phones have to be activated on their respective networks. the unlock code is given by the provider based on the kind of phone you buy: based on phone brand, provider, and type (whether GSM or tri mode, etc...)
of course, i have heard of places that get neutral phones that you can activate on any network.. but those places are pretty shady.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Best of Luck Daycus. Hope something pans out. As mentioned, it would be an interesting post.

re: the cell, I might buy an uncloked one online. Trying to get a new one so I've been looking around.

·
Registered
569 Posts
retired from my own company selling promotional marketing from 1978 to 1995. Prior to that I was Advertising and Promotions Manager for Walker Marketing of Canada (Automotive exhaust systems)

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I work at London Drugs in the Computer Department. I sell mainly Mac machines and PC Laptops.

I do my best to keep my PC lovin' co-workers (and customers) in the know about Apple Products and happenings.

--PB

1 - 20 of 30 Posts