Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - what's everyone's favourite bit of the JFK file reveal so far?

The most juicy files, apparently, even Trump wouldn't / couldn't release (delayed until sometime in 2018 at least).

Here are a couple that are making the rounds:

JFK files: British paper got anonymous call just before assassination Guardian UK

...and the second we already knew quite a bit about, but it's worth reposting. For those who see the USA as the guiding beacon of light, freedom and justice in the world, don't forget that it has a murderous history of interfering in the internal affairs of independent nations (Guatemala 1956; Cuba 1961; Chile 1973; Grenada 1983; many, many others). Cuba has borne the brunt of several of these acts, to name just a couple:

JFK Files Expose CIA Plot to Stage Miami Bombings and Blame Fidel Castro TelesurTV

JFK files release shows US had bizarre plans to kill Fidel Castro, including bacteria swimsuits and boobytrapped seashells | The Independent

Still lots of things we don't know...

JFK assassination: Questions that won't go away - BBC News
:yikes:

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
Knowing that a lot of these nasty plans are discussed without any likelihood of executing them, I was still struck by the callousness of staging "Cuban" attacks in Miami. Even putting it to paper.

Regarding the poisoned wetsuit--how were they going to make sure Fidel put it on?

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Regarding the poisoned wetsuit--how were they going to make sure Fidel put it on?
EDIT: (why can't we have strikethrough text as a formatting option here?

That may be why the plan was dropped... I imagine they were planning to use one of their local agents somehow, but those efforts never seemed to work.

Found more on the wetsuit story:

#4 The Contaminated Diving Suit
....the CIA planned to contaminate one of Castro's diving suits with a fungus that would produce a chronic and debilitating skin disease.

The diving suit, as well as an infected breathing apparatus, was meant to be given to Castro by the American lawyer James Donovan, who had been involved in hostage negotiations with the Cuban leader.

This plan was abandoned after Donovan gave Castro a different suit.

Richard Helms, who would become CIA director, later called the plan "cockeyed" and said the suit never left the laboratory.​

(NBC)​

Take this case, for example:

One of Castro's former lovers, Marita Lorenz, was also recruited. She was given poison pills to put in Castro's drink.

But Castro found out about the attempt and is said to have handed her his gun to use instead.

"You can't kill me. Nobody can kill me," he said, Ms Lorenz told the New York Daily News.
"And he kind of smiled and chewed on his cigar.

I felt deflated. He was so sure of me. He just grabbed me. We made love."

(BBC)​

I also recall a moment from a documentary on Fidel, excerpted here:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwjYiBatJsQ[/ame]​

·
Premium Member
17,776 Posts
No surprises here.

Bullet through the front wind shield, coroner report shows he was shot from the front, several witnesses claiming shots were fired from in front of the car, and car was destroyed before any sort of forensic examination on it took place.

Still, anyone who doubts the magic bullet theory is a conspiracy theorist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts