Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

Just wondering on your experience with a Jeep as a vehicle?

Currently, we travel less than 20km/day. With a possibility of this vehicle turning into a mobile business vehicle, which will need to haul cleaning supplies and other such things.. while still remaining a personal vehicle as well.

It is going to be an entry level 2007 Jeep Wrangler. (getting a pretty good deal)

I really enjoy the fact that this vehicle can take a lot of abuse and it will be used for some recreational 4x4 usage.

Thoughts/Experiences?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The Jeep Wrangler doesn't strike me as a work vehicle. Nor do you seem to drive alot. There are alot of different vehicles out there that could probably suit you needs. Maybe if you go offroading alot.

The Patriot is a more entry level Jeep and it has alot more room to haul supplies.

We're looking at getting a Jeep Patriot (tomorrow). The wife has Jeep fever and I couldn't say no to her.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I wouldn't get a Jeep myself (obvious reasons), but the 2007 models are killer sweet. Good looks, rugged, and decently powerful (and good for less-than-stellar weather, and of course, off-roadin'). Are you looking at the two-door or four-door model?

·
Premium Member
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Jeep Wrangler doesn't strike me as a work vehicle. Nor do you seem to drive alot. There are alot of different vehicles out there that could probably suit you needs. Maybe if you go offroading alot.

The Patriot is a more entry level Jeep and it has alot more room to haul supplies.

We're looking at getting a Jeep Patriot (tomorrow). The wife has Jeep fever and I couldn't say no to her.
Well, I like the fact that it's quite rugged.. and can be hosed out if it gets dirty. :) The rear seats completely fold flat to the back of the front seats.. it's a lot of room actually. (We're not talking a lot of supplies here.)

We did look at other models.. and liked them.. but, nothing struck both of us like the Wrangler did. :)

Lars said:
I wouldn't get a Jeep myself (obvious reasons), but the 2007 models are killer sweet. Good looks, rugged, and decently powerful (and good for less-than-stellar weather, and of course, off-roadin'). Are you looking at the two-door or four-door model?
We're looking at the 2 door. We've set the wheels in motion. Pretty good price (one we can afford) and, with the low miles we're going to put on it.. in four years we may get a good price for it. :)

All I can say is that, we're excited. :D

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
We're looking at the 2 door. We've set the wheels in motion. Pretty good price (one we can afford) and, with the low miles we're going to put on it.. in four years we may get a good price for it. :)

All I can say is that, we're excited. :D
If you're going to put low miles on it and not use it overly much, consider leasing it and trading it up for something nicer in 2-4 years. (as per the lease agreement.) But, unlike me, you may appreciate vehicle ownership a hella lot more and the freedom to get rid of it whenever you please without length contracts. :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
I love those new 4-door Wranglers. I had a 1990 Cherokee Laredo for 9 years and I loved it. Going to check out those babies in the used market in 3 years when it's time to change vehicules. But I'll probably buy a Yaris. Good hunting, Vex.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I have a 1999 4dr Cherokee and I love it. Great for hauling, cruising and 4 wheeling. The 4 litre engine is killer on gas but I expect the new ones will be way more efficient.

I would think about a new one but I must say all the new designs totally turn me off. Way too wanna be a hummer/ Range Rover.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Never thought I would see the words "rugged" and "jeep" in the same sentence.

Oh, I get it now - they LOOK rugged.

Check Lemon Aid guide and you will understand. One of the LEAST reliable vehicles on the road. And the short wheelbase is for those who are strong of spine.

One of the very last vehicles I would ever consider purchasing - but then, that applies to all Chrysler product.

·
Registered
492 Posts

Check Lemon Aid guide and you will understand. One of the LEAST reliable vehicles on the road. And the short wheelbase is for those who are strong of spine.

One of the very last vehicles I would ever consider purchasing - but then, that applies to all Chrysler product.
Meh.

After 10 years of owning Jeeps, without a problem, I'd beg to differ.

Considering some of the off-roading I've done, I'd suggest that they not only look rugged, they are.

Perhaps a cute-ute instead of a sport-ute is more what you're looking for ;)

·
Premium Member
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I think there are very many Jeep owners that would completely disagree with every statement in that quote.

Jeeps have always been known as rugged vehicles. I'm also not sure if you're aware of the enhancements to the Jeep in 07, which include a much broader wheelbase.

Anyway.. it's always personal opinion, thanks for the insight. :)

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Did the Jeep triumph over your Mitsubishi plans? ;)

·
Premium Member
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did the Jeep triumph over your Mitsubishi plans? ;)
It did actually. We went through all the options, costs and terms of payment. The Jeep was a much better deal than the Lancer. (I still love the Lancer GTS) But, both of us had forgotten how much we both loved Jeeps as well. :)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts