Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...here's another question for everyone. Which speaker set has better sound quality?

the JBL creature speakers and sub ($199) OR
the Harman Kardon SoundSticks and sub ($299)?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Pamela wrote:
Ok...here's another question for everyone. Which speaker set has better sound quality?

The best way to determine what's best for you is to sit down and listen to both; what sounds really good to one person might sound like utter crap to another. It really is quite subjective.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A 17 in PowerBook and a 23 in display! Girl, you married? ;)

I have just purchased a Canon PowerShot G3, the only thing I could stand to your toys.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol...I suppose I am a bit of an anomoly. A girl liking beautiful technology...what a crazy idea!

p.s. Yes I am married...who do you think is paying for all of this while I go to school ;) ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
i have the jbl creatures, and they're amazing. my nextdoor neighbour has the soundsticks, and they're pretty much at par with each other, although the soundsticks take up a usb port.

i love my creatures. the treble and bass controls are on the subwoofer, and the volume controls are touch sensitive, so there's no knob. they look really sexy next to my g4 imac.

if you're afraid of the dust, then get some canned air. that stuff fixes everything.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I have heard both and they sound fairly equivelant to me.

One note, because the SoundSticks use USB and require a Driver, with almost every maor update to the OS the sounds gets a little better. The difference from 9.0, to 9.1, to 10.1 to 10.2 is pretty amazing.

I like the look of the creatures better though.

--PB

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
If asthetics are very important, well, most computer speakers are pretty ugly.

If you are really concerned about sound quality, give the Klipsch desktop speakers a listen, and compare everybody else to those.

JBL is a subsidy of Harmon International, which also owns Harmon-Kardon. So, the technology is essentially identical with either, you're just comparing how they implement it with the two products. They probably come from the same factory.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Aye, the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 set is the best set of 2.1 Multimedia Speakers that I have heard, and worth every penny of their 300$ price tag.

You can compare them to others, but really there is no comparison.

Wierd that I forgot about them though, out of sight out of mind I suppose...

--PB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts