Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is in my subject line. Is the new suite shipping today? Is it only on the new imacs?

Are new MBP shipping with ilife 08?

Any ideas?

What did good ol steve say?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
My question is in my subject line. Is the new suite shipping today? Is it only on the new imacs?

Are new MBP shipping with ilife 08?

Any ideas?

What did good ol steve say?
Unless there has been a change, iWork does not ship free of charge on Macs. There is a test drive installed but you must purchase it at a price of $89 (or so).

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think he's talking about iLife, rather than iWork.

If you bought your laptop at an Apple Store, you do get a 14-day return period, which technically means you could take it back, get a refund, and then buy a new one that includes iLife '08. I would therefore give them a call and see what your options are...

Of course, the restocking fee would probably make that not a very cost-effective approach, but there might still be an option for very recent purchases.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Ok... we all know about the iLife up-to-date, adn the hardware policy, but what about iWork? One of my clients just bought iWork literally one week ago (from Carbon no less). Is he SOL? Do they have an "up to date" for iWork if you just bought it?

A7

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
SOL... just like any software. This wasn't a huge surprise since Apple called the conference last week.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
This wasn't a huge surprise since Apple called the conference last week.
Well I'm glad you're psychic, but some of us aren't. ;) Aside from the fact that he bought it the day before they announced the conference anyway, Apple made a point of saying it was "Mac only", and last I checked, iWork is not a Mac. :p

A7

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Well that blows I just bought my laptop like last week, I ain't upgrading for $79 there should be a 30 day grace you would think.
There's a 15-day return policy ;)

Otherwise, I think you're out of luck. Up-to-date only covers Purchases made on August 7th and after.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Well I'm glad you're psychic, but some of us aren't. ;) Aside from the fact that he bought it the day before they announced the conference anyway, Apple made a point of saying it was "Mac only", and last I checked, iWork is not a Mac. :p
But it is Mac Software. And iWork 06 was getting long in the Tooth, as was iLife 06. There were also lots of rumours to the fact that iLife/iWork would get upgraded soon, or at the same time as Leopard (at the latest).

I dunno -- seems the old "buy when you need and don't look back" adage about technology holds true here. It sucks, and I feel for your client, but it's the reality. XX)

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Thank you!!!! Really, I was looking for that! :clap:

I was considerring buying iWork 06 before and while i liked it, I use spreadsheets a lot for absolutely everything (yes... like PC guy... haha.) but now I'm definitely going to buy iWork 08, after trying it out of course. With what I'm seeing so far, I see some huge possibilities with Numbers. I may even be able to scrap Quicken for good and do up a mad financial spreadsheet. That'd be awesome.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Gee, I filled up my gas tank two days ago at 94.8 and today it's 92.6. Who do I see about a rebate?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts