Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that iWalk (like a large palm pilot)was announced. There are 2 models so far, that can out do the counterparts any day.
The basic 'iWalk G3 extended' has a 6.7 inch TFT display at 600 x 320 res. and runs at 500mhz and 512 SDRAM with slot loading DVD-rom (4x). It has 8 hours of battery life and a 10 GB Ultra-portable hard drive ($1000 US).
The second model (iWalk pro) has an 8.7 inch TFT screen also at 600 x 320 res. and has 667 mhz, 15GB Ultra-portable hardrive, 1GB SDRAM, combo drive, airport extreme and blutooth with 10 hours of battery life ($1700 US).
Both have a back lit screen and firewire and weigh in at 2.3 pounds. The iWlks should be set to come out very soon.
Apple is also proposing to make a new hand held gaming device, but only concept art has been released

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
The iWalk is a very old rumor, and has since been killed because after Jobs killed the Newton, the PDA market is saturated and not worthwhile for Apple to enter. I wonder why mihai mateescu is posting here instead of AppleInsider or MacRumors? Found us because of the MacBytes news post?

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
The iWalk is indeed an old rumour, a very old one. Two years now.

I checked Spymac, and they don't even have their old info about it, let alone anything new.

So how about some links?

--PB

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Spy Mac started with a boom and was promising but is just a good hang out now.

They do not supply reliable rumors.

IMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts