Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crap :( :rolleyes: :eek:

You must be thirteen (13) years of age of older and a legal resident of the United States residing in the fifty (50) states or District of Columbia to be eligible to win a prize(s). Employees of the Apple Computer, Inc., Pepsi-Cola Company, its bottlers, their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, “Sponsor and Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members of such employees (parent, child, sibling, spouse) and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to win. No groups, clubs or organizations can participate in this promotion on behalf of the group, club or organization.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Not really surprising, since you would figure getting the ITMS into Canada is still an ongoing process.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Er... yeah. it's kinda cart+horse. maybe ehmax was hoping for a simultaneous announcement??

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I am sure the cap codes in the pepsi will be universal, just as a Canadian would buy itunes and use an American Address.

I am going over a Target and buying a case of pepsi bottles!

·
Registered
281 Posts
i think so too.
it might just ask you to register or something. but i'm sure it is optional. they can't force you to give up your information for a song you won (although i'm sure they'll make it look like you'd have to register).

grab a bottle in the US... the codes should be universal. who's to say that i'm not in the US?

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If ITMS was coming to Canada soon, I'm sure Pepsi would of included Canada in the promotion. :( And if it's only for the US, I doubt we'll be seeing bottles in Canada for the contest.

I want my... I want my... I want my iTMS.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
>You must be thirteen (13) years of age of older and....

But even if there was an iTMS in Canada, you're still not old enough to use it ehMax..... I guess someone could set you up an allowance?

I bet Apple will require people to register some sort of information by creating an account to claim the freebie songs. That will likely include credit card information (and therefore geographic limitations).

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I agree with jwoodget. I'd imagine you have to go through the same registration process that Apple has for those who go to ITMS to buy songs. This way Apple gets these people on ITMS and there is a temptation to start buying other songs.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I only hope that they've decided to use alphanumeric characters in their "10 digit", one time use codes.

Do the math, 100 million songs with 10 billion possible codes. That gives you a one in a hundred chance of guessing right if they're only using numbers. If they didn't place any letters in there, someone, somewhere (likely someones, somewheres) is going to script this in some way and dredge up winners before they've been , err, quaffed.

Imagine what a bummer it would be to find a winning game code, go to the iTMS and find out it has already been used.

No word on whether they're going to require a credit card for registration of the iTMS account though. That might be one way of reducing fraud.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think they'd be crazy to ask for a credit card because why would anyone who's not a regular iTMS customer want to go to that trouble to get one free song when they could download it for free (illegally) like they've probably been doing all along. And the demographic will most likely include a lot of teenagers picking up their free music, and they might not all have credit cards or access to one. They'll most likely have to register though.

However, when the promo starts I'm taking a run across the border for a case or two! I can't wait to get my free tunes!!!

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
When the iTMS comes to Canada, it is entirely possible that there will be a similar promotion from Pepsi Canada.

Hopefully anyway.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Umm Pepsi Canada??? Pepsi Cola North America is the actual company. Even the president at MacWorld stated the title of the company like that. So, what Pepsi is doing is only having an American contest excluding the others who are part of North America.

Plus, those that are in Canada, you will have to register in order to download that free song. So good luck and have fun :D

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Um. Ok. Since we have ended up with a branch plant economy (IE Apple Canada, Ford of Canada, etc) how does Pepsi not have a separate, wholly owned Canadian counterpart?

·
Registered
281 Posts
you know what's interesting?
how about someone from the states sending me a gift certificate? can i use it here then? i just thought about that last night....

*interesting.........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts