Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Personally, I think that it's great that Apple is branching out. Nothing ensures longevity of a company like finding needs and filling them...and from what my PC-using friends have been telling me, there was nothing as comprehensive of iTunes for PC.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's great, now I can use iTunes at work.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
It's a good start for Apple but I have a few things for them to add. 1st off I'd like them to add a auto dj feature a la Musicmatch that can do it by features (ie: genre, artist, mood, preference) and not but not least ask for a time on how long the Auto DJ song list should play for. Next is ripping time I noticed that Musicmatch is faster than iTunes when it comes to ripping a whole cd I tried it on 3 different cd's and the average was that Musicmatch was about 30secs faster than iTunes. Other than those litle nitpicks it looks great and they brought across the visualiser looking like it's Mac brother

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I'm loving iTunes on Windows. Playing Mp3s at work is nicer now, and well with a little circumvention, I could get it to stream my music from home, although I'd have to remember to leave my iTunes on at home.

K_OS - MusicMatch allows you to rip at the burner speed at first, but after a while, they reduce it and ask for $20.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed it on my wife's Vaio, and didn't have to transfer any mp3s ... just opened up sharing and she's able to play the tunes on my Powerbook over our wireless network (no setup required).

I think it's great. Moving into Microsoft territory and takin' the fight to them! Hoo-wah!

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
K_OS - MusicMatch allows you to rip at the burner speed at first, but after a while, they reduce it and ask for $20.
ooops I forgot about that, I bought a RCA Kazoo MP3 player when they 1st came out for my fiance and they had a free Musicmatch liscence promotion with every Kazoo. Those 2 were the only things that I think should be fixed or updated other than that I think Apple did a FANTASTIC!!! job porting over iTunes to Windows.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I've had it running for a few days and quite like it. I just told it not to copy my music or keep the folder organized, so that it would leave my music folder alone (controlled by iTunes on the Mac).

Unfortunately, a PC friend at work (who has an iPod) installed it a few days ago. He's not very happy - it moved his music all around and deleted half of the music on his iPod. He uninstalled it and grumbles about "Apple".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts