Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some tunes that I've been listening to on my playlists for years have greyed-out on my iPhone6 (latest iOS update installed 11.0.2). There's a funny looking icon on those items as well. Yet they play fine on the playlists on my home computer. I've synced a couple of times, also tried dragging/dropping the list to the phone, no dice. Is this connected to the iOS update? Is there a fix?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
On my Apple Watch I get that if the song isn't synced. Do you allow streaming over LTE/3G? If not, the song may not be synced, so it won't play it.

Do you use iTunes Match?

·
Registered
807 Posts
+1 to not sync'd properly.

At home, with your iPhone plugged in, tell it not to sync any music to your phone and a full sync. Wait for it to finish. This will remove anything from your phone.

Then unplug, plug it, go back to your options, choose the playlists/music you want to sync and do a full sync again.

I have had this numerous times where I think the sync is done and I've unplugged and its not.. half play lists etc.
I was in a rush once, and for whatever reason iTunes sync'd the first 2-3 songs of every album and not one album at a time... was rather frustrating when you see the album artwork for every album and just one song plays from each lol

BReligion

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BReligion: Not sure I understand your suggestion. When I plug my iPhone6 into my computer and turn on iTunes I do not get a "sync" request. But while checking on this I discovered that the tunes, though grey-out on my hope computer list, play OK on the iPhone. Now I'm really confused! It used to be that I would add a song to a playlist on my home computer, drag/drop the playlist on the iPhone playlist and it would update ... I would see the progress bar as the list was updated and the new song was uploaded to the iPhone. That is not working anymore. The added tunes are not showing up on the iPhone playlist.:confused:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And now everything is working fine, despite me not really doing anything! The problems I mentioned above no longer apply, but I don't know why. Anyway, thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts