Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Who knows when Canadians will have access to the iTunes Music Store? I heard a rumour that if we use a US address we can purchase tunes, anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yep! Well not exactly. You need a US credit card/billing address. If you have that you can buy tunes in the middle of the sahara desert if you're lucky enough to get a net connection.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, any word on when we can do this from Canada?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
well there is a way around this I believe. I live in Vancouver and whenever I order items from the states I get them shipped to blaine, WA and go pick them up (I hate having to deal with broker costs and waiting).

But in order for me to be able to put something on my credit card I had to have an american address....so I called my credit card company and had them add the mailboxes plus address to my credit card....so now it looks like I have an american address. Mailboxes plus accepts packages for people so it isn't a PO Box.

I haven't bought a song yet though. Maybe I'll see if it works.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Honestly I am not a huge fan on buying downloadable music

Even the Canadian version of iTMS is available I don't think the price will be cheap. I think it would be $1.40 per song (99 cents US)

Assuming you are buying an album. After you download 10 songs form iTMS.....it's already $14 bucks. You can use the same money...go to the real CD store to buy a actual (physcial) CD with print package, jewel case...and sometimes freebies (free poster when I bought Faith Hill's CD, free DVD from Sarah Brightman's latest album)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think Apple is waiting to release the Canadian iTunes Music Store for this among other reasons.

They would have to reduce the prices to BuyMusic.com's price of .79 to give Canadians a reasonable rate.

I think it won't be till at least the end of the year.

I look forward to buying catalogue titles this way. Most CDs that aren't new releases go for about $20 and up these days. Plus the rare stuff would be sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I cannot wait for the Canadian iTMS!

We almost never listen to CDs anymore. We do everything digitally. We buy CDs, then rip them to our Mac so we can listen to them on our iPods. A Griffin iTrip allows us to take our collection on the road, so who needs CDs?

I no longer feel the need to have CDs cluttering up my living room in a CD rack and worrying about scratching them and all that sh!t. It is also environmentally friendlt to not have all that plastic produced.

And...personally...I would never put a poster of any singing artist up anywhere (especially Ms. Brightman with her huge Bambi eyes). ;)

Go digital or don't go. :D

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
"They would have to reduce the prices to BuyMusic.com's price of .79 to give Canadians a reasonable rate." - Most of BuyMusic.com's prices are .99 and up to $1.29. only a very few songs are .79 - so I don't know if we'll be seeing a price drop.

·
Registered
171 Posts
VertiGoGo ..... Sarah Brightman's CD didn't come with any poster (I said Faith Hill in my post)

I only listen to SB's songs. I don't look at her face. She's not pretty at all :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Correct. Buymusic.com only has a small handfull of $.79 tunes. Also, not Mac friendly. They can't even get the correct formats for their pc customers. As for availablity end of the year is what has been rumored. As for cost, I may be dating myself here, but what did you all pay for a 45 back in the day? Thought so, which makes 1.40 seem very reasonable in this day and age of digital and don't forget about the convenience of physically not having to go there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts