Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Vorlon Ambassador
3,302 Posts
Apple has said that they have stopped updating MacOS 9 so I don't see why they would create new software (or updates) for MacOS 9... ie. iTunes 4. They can't keep on supporting both OSes. You want new features, you have to use the new OS. I don't see a problem with it. In fact as Strongblade said, the new feature probably requires other features not available in MacOS 9.

If you have to use MacOS 9 for some features (and I don't have a problem with this either), there is no reason you can't dual boot into MacOS X. I'm assuming since you have MacOS 9 that of course you have a dual-boot capable Mac.

[ April 30, 2003, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Kosh ]

· Vorlon Ambassador
3,302 Posts
The next step is to enable the Wintel world to use OS X, and other previously-proprietary software. (There have been recent posts on this.) After that, Steve/Apple can concentrate on taking over the world - something I look forward to.
That is NEVER going to happen. The phrase "when hell freezes over" comes to mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.