Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
6,485 Posts
Adagio wrote:

Looking at the big picture.. What percentage of mac users absolutely have to have OS9?
I'm betting it's fairly small.
You'd be right. In my experience, whenever I'm called over to do some tutoring, or more rarely, troubleshooting on friends' Macs, I have been surprised to see that they're still running OS9. Most of them don't know about this "OS X" thing, and were very interested once I did a demo on my laptop. And these are people with machines more powerful than my little 300mhz G3!

Apple hasn't, in my opinion (oh my god I'm agreeing with Micro$oft), sufficiently promoted the OSX migration to its existing OS9 user base.

So, rather than sit in this forum, lovely though it is, I ask that all EhMacians pledge today to go forth and covert the masses. Bring our OS9 bretheren into the fold, and if you encounter any worshippers of the evil religion known as Windoze, convert 'em or smite 'em. No middle ground :D

(I should say that I do not dislike OS9, and continue to use it on a regular basis, to play Unreal Tournament, Quake III Arena, Deus Ex, etc., but 99% of my time is in X-land.)

M.

· Premium Member
6,485 Posts
For my part, I'm wondering just what's happening in the negotiations (if there are any) between Apple Computer and Apple Records. There was a legal tiff between the two (see this story ) and check out this quote:

the original Apple Records once sued Apple Computer for trademark infringement. (Apple Computer responded by creating a computer sound called "sosumi.") But Apple's flirtation with the record business shows how image-conscious the company could be. In the end, the company that wanted to sell records couldn't carry a tune.
(Ref: http://www.redherring.com/mag/issue42/chum.html)

Wow... things have sure changed since 1997....

Also check out the last item on this page

hmmmmm.

M.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.