Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard any rumors or hard facts as to when there might be a itunes music store available in canada?

·
Registered
778 Posts
No idea, but if Apple was smart they would work hard on bringing this service not only to Canada but to other countries as well outside of the great nation of "U.S.A." as there are a lot of other countries where they could gain much added revenue (and market share) from offering this service.

Plus by keeping it solely in the U.S., they take the risk of losing to other companies that are looking to break into the digital distribution of music by offering them a massive array of countries who can buy music online and not just the U.S.

Hopefully though, because I know I have credit card just itching to get into the world of "1 click shopping"

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Plus by keeping it solely in the U.S., they take the risk of losing to other companies that are looking to break into the digital distribution of music by offering them a massive array of countries who can buy music online and not just the U.S.

Exactly - I know this for a fact - after the 1st week of iTunes Music Store, I had a meeting @ one of the majors. They made mention of having a soft launch of their digi-distro service. They've not made any commercial/mrkt push behind it, but they're out there looking to make it happen. Someone is going to see the benefit$ for sure. Look at the volume that Apple was seeing - off Macs in the US alone... I shudder to think of what this could be in PC land.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The last I heard was that Apple has to jump through hurdles and red tape to try and get it here in Canada. Our music industry and laws are pretty damn tough to break down for a service like that here in Canada. I can just see it now, when we do get the iTunes Store our industry will slap some stupid % tax per song download or something along that line to cover the loss in $ from buying at a real store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts