Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking good!

"Steve Jobs told me that Apple couldn't wait to come to Canada, and that it was a very high priority for him."

He must be getting sick of the email I send him every day! :D

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
See this thread.

Somehow I don't think it'll be coming too, too soon, but who knows. It'd be good stuff if it was coming soon, like sometime before 2004.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's a really nice service. I think Canadians would totally buy a lot more music online than Americans (per capita). I just would like to think that Canadians are nore honest and wouldn't steal as much :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
I thought that the iTunes store would be available in Canada prior to the Pepsi promo as I read somewhere that it would include pepsi Canada. Although if you were getting free songs, not needing a credit card, it could be available to all. There's always hope.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Interestingly, this article from the BBC news site seems to indicate the Apple Music Store may be available in Canada in the future: note the following:

" ... at the moment, both the Macs and Windows versions are only available in the US. International versions of the online store are expected to be launched next year. ..."

·
Registered
199 Posts
Street Cents was doing a report on where to get French music today, and they mentioned the iTunes music store. They however, incorrectly reported that you need an Apple computer (although in their defence I'm sure the piece was recorded before Apple's announcement of iTunes for Windows). But since Street Cents in Canadian-based, I wonder if they had inside info that it would be available in canada soon, or if it was just more poor reporting...

·
Registered
523 Posts
<blockquote>I think Canadians would totally buy a lot more music online than Americans (per capita). I just would like to think that Canadians are nore honest and wouldn't steal as much</blockquote>
I've heard that when it comes to web stuff, Canadians always go bigger than Americans (per capita). More online, more broadband, more purchases... more iTunes?!

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
In another thread in here, i mentioned that I contacted CRIA about what was up with the iTMS for Canada a few weeks ago. At that time, they had not heard from Apple AT ALL. Just this miorning, however, I got an update from my conatct at CRIA:

On 10/21/03 10:06 AM, "CRIA" <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear XXXXX, (edited out by Macaholic)

Further to our earlier emails, I've just received news from David Basskin, President of the Canadian Musical Reproduction rights Agency (CMRRA) that the process of negotiating a licensing deal with Apple is now under way. Mr. Basskin met last week with representatives of the company, and he's confident that their discussions will move ahead quickly. Last week, Steve Jobs told Mr. Basskin that Apple couldn't wait to come to Canada, and that it was a very high priority for him. Mr. Basskin trusts that this enthusiasm will be reflected in a quick and mutually successful negotiation.

Should you have further questions, please contact Mr. Basskin as follows:

David A. Basskin
President
CMRRA Ltd.
Toronto, Canada
[email protected]

Regards,

Jennifer
--------------------------------------------------Jennifer Hardy
Manager of Administration
Canadian Recording Industry Association
890 Yonge Street, Suite 1200
Toronto, ON M4W 3P4
Tel: (416) 967-7272 ext. 105
Fax: (416) 967-9415
[email protected]

WOO-HOO!!

Then, I checked out macsurfer (my daily bread) and saw:

http://www.ipodhacks.com/article.php?sid=393&ipod-accessories

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/10/20031020131949.shtml

START CHILLING THE BUBBLY!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.