Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone that is pissed of that Apple turned off Internet Music Sharing, check out John Grubers Blog.

<blockquote>
The problem is that third-party software sprung up that effectively turned iTunes 4.0 into a Napster-style P2P music distribution application. iLeech and iSlurp, for example ? these guys weren?t even subtle.

Note that I?m not passing moral or legal judgment on these apps or the people who used them. The point is only that these applications turned iTunes 4 into something Apple never intended it to be. Streaming is one thing; copying is another. </blockquote>

Looney Tunes

Gruber's DaringFireball

It is worth a read.

--PB

·
Registered
433 Posts
internet music sharing being disabled wasn't really a big deal to me. i didn't ever find one library that remotey piqued my interest. i know a few people on macs, but some of them don't use Jag or wouldn't know how to stream their music library anyways (thank you rendezvous). I just like the fact that i can open itunes in my bf's apartment and listen to his music, and he can listen to mine (even though i sent him half my library for his ipod cause he can't get his pc (music filled) networked to his new powerbook.).

p.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts