Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wondering if there are any restrictions to the usage of these gift certificates here in canada?
if not, then does that mean i can purchase itunes here (in GTA)? i can buy these when i am in the states at any apple store right?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I believe you can use an iTunes Gift Certificate in Canada as long as you use a bogus US zip code when you go to honour it.

I know that if you use a Canadian address you cannot redeem it.

(And I don't think you can purchase the Gift Certificate even if you walk into a US Apple Store if you pay with a credit card with a Canadian billing address.) Gotta get a relative to setup a US based credit card for me. I can even pay it off online.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll pay by cash. voila!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ah.. but what address will you put on the bill when they process it. I don't think they'll sell to no fixed address.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll let you know when i am in NYC next month visiting the apple store.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I can confirm all of this.
I set up an account with a hotmail account and the address of a freinds University Dorm in Texas.
I have since had him send me electronic gift certificates which he purchased from Apple and eMailed to me. I paid him via paypal the cost.

I also purchased a printed G/C from the Apple Store in Detroit and they simply issue a g/c with a code. You put in the code and away you go. You can pay for this any way you like,, they dont care ,, I could be buying it as a gift for an American freind. They simple scan the g/c and I pay.
I paid via credit card, it is just a charge at the Apple Store.

My father belives it is better for him to get his mucis this way which (may be illegal) but at least he has paid someone, he does not wish to wait to use iTunes for the Canadian Music Sotre, but he will not download free music either.

I figure its good for him, so every few weeks he gives me some cash and we charge up his account.
With the dollar so good, 1.29 per son aint bad...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks Lindmar.

I think it's a completely acceptable way for Canadians to buy from the iTunes Music Store as well. Considering the artists are being paid for their work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts