Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Downloaded and installing.

Notes: Very nice looking installer, has an ad at the end for iPods. Installs QuickTime 6.4

Requires a restart.

When first started up, similar to how the Mac version starts up and will look for any Mp3 and AAC files on the hard drive.

It can burn with various CD Burners. I am posting a screenshot of iTunes for Windows accessing the iTMS (still says you can't buy as I'm in the wrong country). Its completely uncompressed and a PNG so its 500K in size or so.

Click on this link to view image

[ October 16, 2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Registered
217 Posts
Best looking application for the PeeCee!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Care to post a screen shot for giggles? I'd love to see what iTunes looks like juxtaposed on Windows.

Thanks!

D'oh, just saw your link! It looks great. Thanks even more!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a problem, I just regret never bring any CDs or Mp3s to work. At least there is the radio streams.

Urban_Legend - Wrong thread
This is iTunes for Windows. There is no software update for Windows. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just installed it on my XP box at work and it works very well. Kuods to Apple, they are kicking ass in the online music biz.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Installed it on my computer at work. So far, am having difficulties getting the radio streams to load. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VGG - I had that problem at first and then it just disappeared. I know on the Mac side I had those problems occasionally also.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
It may simply be that all kinds of Mac users have gone and downloaded the new iTunes on their PCs at work and there is simply a log-jam now.

Perhaps it will work a little better later.

For the moment...I cannot get iTunes to play anything for me...hell, it cannot even load the stations when a genre is selected. :( :rolleyes:

·
Registered
570 Posts
I wonder why apple changed the iTunes tab to iPod+iTunes? Looks out of place to me with the other tabs. Also why can't we buy in Canada yet? This sucks, I bet it has to do with the assnuts at the RIAA.

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
I just installed iTunes on some of my PC's at work. I love the automatic detection of other users music library. Very suave.

This will be a good boost for Apple now that they have both iTunes and the Music Store available for PC.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
motoyen - It has nothing to do with the RIAA but with Apple and the people who own the copyrights here in Canada.

I happen to have more screens of iTunes (These ones are smaller in size thank goodness). I really wish taking a screenshot in Windows was easier then pressing Print Screen and pasting it into an application to make a massive picture.

Screen 1: iTunes and the Store
Screen 2 - Equalizer shown
Screen 3: Visualizer. Exactly like the Mac version.
Screen 4: Full Screen works too
Screen 5: It gets small too!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wonder how hard it will be for PC users to port/make iTunes plug-ins.

·
Registered
247 Posts
so far it's good. it uses quite a lot of memory when on full size, but on small and hidden, it uses very wee amount. nice.

i found a bug thou. i can't make it go back to medium from the super mini size. it's stuck on the super mini now. i can only enlarge iot straight to the full size. not the medium one. (the mini with name and tags display)

too abd the store doesn't work in Canada yet. any idea when it will work?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
wow... No talk of this release on Squawk Box at all. Wonder what the buzz iz in the US. Anyhow, nice to see. Any word on it's operation?? works well???

H!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Mwuahahahahaha

I find it hilarious that the BIGGEST testers and downloaders today of ITMS on Windows are Mac users :D :D :D

I wonder what the percentage of Mac users downloads VS Windows users only downloads are? I can see Apple next week announcing "We have received over 100 million downloads of Windows ITMS in one week from Mac users"

How are we going to know what Windows only users think of ITMS? Do they have communities like this?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts