Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to transfer some files from one unit to another. Is there a Data type folder that I can transfer so that I retain all titles etc... + the files? I was about to just take my folder and send it over - but where is the data folder?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Fire up iTunes and then from the preferences menu, select Advanced and the path to your data folder is there.

John

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
To maintain lists and that also, after copying the iTunes Music folder, on the first machine Go File -> Export Library... Name it something and transfer that file to the 2nd machine. With iTunes on the 2nd machine File - > Import and find that file. Do it, and you have the files (iTunes Music Folder as copied before) and your lists and settings.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chealion, that sounds like what I need, I have not tried it yet, and will later today or tomorrow. Now, this is assuming that this procedure is OS independant - as in Mac1: Classic - Mac2 - Jaguar. Correct? This will work fine?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Ohenri, that is how I transferred my OS 9 iTunes 2 list and songs to my OS X (iTunes 3) portion of my disk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts