1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
187 Posts
finally!! To be honest im just tired of pirating music. (I refuse to buy CDs and support the RIAA at its rediculous prices. If they give me what I want I have no problem paying though)

I mean some of its hard to find so I doubt they will have it... but still ill be glad to start buying my music. Hopefully it will still stay $1 or even less ;)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Akai,

You probably don't want to hear this but the reality is labels get MORE money per song with downloads compared to traditional cds.

Mainly because there are no manufacturing, shipping costs, yet royalties remain the same!

The other common misconseption is that RIAA gets money from CDs, they don't, the labels do, which in turn pay RIAA.

(Since you probably buy CDs primarilly in Canada, there is no way you can be supporting the RIAA.)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
inally!! To be honest im just tired of pirating music. (I refuse to buy CDs and support the RIAA at its rediculous prices. If they give me what I want I have no problem paying though)

I mean some of its hard to find so I doubt they will have it... but still ill be glad to start buying my music. Hopefully it will still stay $1 or even less
Oh boy... Insert said it. You are not paying the RIAA ( CRIA is the canadian Org). Guess what?? The hard to find tracks may be just has hard to grab from iTunes. It's dependent on how much of the catalog the labels make available dude. And then, whether or not they own the masters as well... lots of paperwork to go thru, and it's not likely to get any easier. Label mergers will make things a little stickier. What about all the hot indies?? They don't have what you want?? Bet you retail does.

Once again, you need to see what goes into CD pricing. Yeah, they make some $$ but also need to pay staff. Labels are being stretched to the limit. depts are run by 1-2 ppl now...

Keep Music Coming.

Akai, not sure that they'll make more $$ over the sale of 1 song. Maybe over the sale of the full length donwload - esp since they'll x out the distributor (retailer) and as you mentioned, manufacturing. This will make for some interesting dealings in the next few years...

H!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts