Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter how much I enjoy Fetchart (get the Panther compatible version here), it has way too many empties and also regularly downloads the wrong album cover :rolleyes:

Anyone has a plan B? What would be the best way of doing a 'sweep' of all missing art? Also, if you find (or scan) an album cover, how do you import it into iTunes and allocate it to songs?

Thanks

·
Registered
994 Posts
I agree. Too many 'greatest hits' covers when the album title is clearly there. But it was fun to select my entire library and let it go.

As far as adding your own cover art:

Scan it, save as a jpeg, and key an 'apple + I' on the song (or songs) you wish to add art to. (For single songs click 'Artwork') Then drag the jpeg onto the artwork space, or click the 'add' button and navigate to the jpeg. Click OK and you are done, Yes you can have more than one piece of art.

Easy, thanks Apple

·
Registered
535 Posts
I use an app called Clutter however it sounds like they both access from the same amazon database. I'm not familar with Fetchart but Clutter has a desktop sizable window which shows the album and can be turned on and off.

·
Registered
838 Posts
there's an even easier way if you're gonna be scanning, don't bother saving. just select the image and drag it into the album art area. iTunes just remembers the image for you. saving just takes up space and time.

vince

1 - 4 of 4 Posts