Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Downloaded and installed, no issues. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
One huge blunder, since I installed it, my iBook can't import my store bought CD's! Is there any way to switch BACK to the previous install?
This may seem obvious, but check through the iTunes importing preferences.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
One huge blunder, since I installed it, my iBook can't import my store bought CD's! Is there any way to switch BACK to the previous install?
This is NOT good!
Yeah, sure, but like others said I'd check through preferences and settings before going back as it may not be easy going back. You might also want to try a repair of permissions, this could be a permissions problem.

One way of course to go back is to drag the app to the trash (make sure you backed up your library and preferences before doing this) and reinstall. I'm not sure if you could even just reinstall a second copy of iTunes.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I wonder if Apple is going to use the new DRM-free capable iTunes as a way to please the European countries that were complaining you couldn't run the songs from iTunes on anything else than an iPod due to the DRM that Apples uses and to make that DRM freely available. Maybe this is a compromise by Apple. Tell the EU that song content can be made DRM free if the people Apple has contracts with are willing to sell it that way.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Why not buy the DRM free CD, and get a huge jump in bitrate for not much more?
It's only the popular CDs that are that cheap. I usually buy CDs from artists I absolutely love and they're often less popular so I expect to pay at least $17.99 for them. And often with CDs, I only handle them once to rip them into iTunes, and then it goes straight to storage.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It's only the popular CDs that are that cheap. I usually buy CDs from artists I absolutely love and they're often less popular so I expect to pay at least $17.99 for them. And often with CDs, I only handle them once to rip them into iTunes, and then it goes straight to storage.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Anybody else getting an Error 5002 when trying to select iTunes Plus as the default?
Tried yesterday, same thing, thought it might be server load or something, but same thing today...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.