Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16 Jan. Tada!

Called the Applestore this morning to check status on iLife. They have a limited upgrade programme for recently purchased machines. That's it.

So fork out this miserly sum for great software! I will some time this weekend...

·
Premium Member
6,590 Posts
Hey, it's worth $58 Canuck - for iPhoto and GarageBand alone- for me to take a walk down the street to ye olde local Mac shoppe. No complaints here; I always thought that Apple was one day going to start charging for at least some of the i-Apps. As long as they continue to substantially improve on them and hold the pricing scheme, I'll probably be back for more.

No lessee... where did I put my kool-aid again? (;->))

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'll prolly pick it up today, since 59$ is a bargain, come on guys don't be soo cheap, when a company releases some software that is worth much much more, they should be supported for offering it at such a low price.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'll be buying my copy after work today - assuming I don't freeze. $59 is a really good price - especially for GarageBand and iDVD (now that you can get 2 hours on to a single side DVD).

I'm sure some people are going to complain, but the developers have got to be paid and some licences have got to be paid.

John

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
I use ILife extensively. All apps. They were an amazing surprise when I switched about 3 months ago. I ordered also the second it was announced.
You can't go wrong at $59. I would have paid more (shh! don't tell Apple) for this software.
Products of quality that add value to every day life are far and few between these days.

·
Premium Member
6,590 Posts
First thing this morning I hopped onto a Westbound streetcar and went over to Carbon Computing, my closest Mac store. I waited outside, in the bone-chilling sun, for five minutes until the store opened. I was the first customer in and made a beeline to the software aisles. No iLife in sight. I spoke to the lone employee who had just opened the store and he pointed to the glass counter-top below him, where two copies of iLife '04 lay. "You're kidding," I said. He shook his head sorrowfully, then grimaced, clearly annoyed that this was all his store could get for the time being. Seeing some new anxious-looking customers barging into the store, I got suddenly grabby-handed and bought my copy right away. Half a minute later a fellow right behind me scored the remaining copy. On my way out the door I heard the Carbon guy tell a co-worker who had just walked in with a latte "guess what. We're now sold out of iLife."

Glad I went. Installing the whole kit and kaboodle now. Next up: a USB interface and patch cable for my guitar. That'll have to wait until I can scare up another gig.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I called BMac and they're not selling iLife until Jan 26....I often wonder how these guys stay afloat. Looks like it's Apple.ca for me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cost perspective

OK, fill car with gas-cost $60. Head to Apple reseller, buy iLife '05. Pay $59. One week later, gas gone.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
The Upgrade Rules SUCK

Well...I, for one, am really disappointed with the Apple upgrade program. :rolleyes: We paid upwards of $3000 three weeks ago for a brand new G5 iMac, Bluetooth module, BT keyboard, more RAM and an Airport express through the Apple store...and now they won't even throw us a bone by cutting us a deal on iLife '05?!? What a crock! :ptptptptp:

I'll likely get flamed for this...but I really think Apple should extend their upgrade window a little bit...to include people who purchased hardware within spitting distance of these types of software enhancements.

So, now they want me to spend another $99 after I already dished out three grand? That just plain SUCKS! :ptptptptp: :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I spoke to the lone employee who had just opened the store and he pointed to the glass counter-top below him, where two copies of iLife '04 lay
wow i didn't know ilife04 was still in such high demand! :)

·
Premium Member
2,792 Posts
You could return it all and buy it again in a couple of weeks! Then you would get '05.

Never buy anything within 2 months of MWSF. Stories like this are very common.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
VertiGoGo, jonmon and Carex, please notice the original poster's date. This is a year old thread revived by treif. I assume he wanted to make a year-over-year comparison.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts